• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ALL NYTRO HANDWARMER POLL???

HOW DID YOUR NYTRO HANDWARMERS WORK?

• VERY GOOD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK - ON DAYS COLDER THAN 15

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • OK - ON DAYS WARMER THAN 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VERY BAD

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

I'm not impressed with my warmers. It has nothing to do with the sled being "cold" and a lack of wind protection. Earlier this winter on a ride in cold temps, I swapped a buddy and rode his old Edge equipped with a super tall riser that positioned the bars way out in the breeze. His warmers were hot to the touch. Mine were just luke warm. I think they suck. I don't understand why they don't put out enough heat considering the sled is equipped with a battery. I'd think the electrical system would have plenty of juice to run a pair of hot grips!

The vote I made for "OK - on days warmer than 15" should not be considered an indication that I am satisfied with the performance of the hand warmers on the Nytro. I am only agreeing to the fact that the warmers are OK - not good, not great, and certainly not damn these are hot.

I really don't have a lot of complaints, but where I ride in the PacNW is usually between 25-32 degrees. I haven't had the issues that most people talk about, I'm either lucky, or too dumb to know any better.

I am not familiar with fahrenheit, but I have got no problems with my handwarmers.
I use a pair of thin Scott neoprene gloves down to -10 deg celsius (which should be around 15 deg fahrenheit...?).
In colder weather conditions I go for a pair of thicker Scott gloves.

mine are just like my sled........some days great and others..........NOT SO MUCH.

LOL......I love my sled for the most part, the grips are nuttier than some of my ex's though......and just about as warm....!!! Kinda weird, on occasion they get hot but mostly they max out at "warm at best".

gormleyflyer2002 said:
mine are just like my sled........some days great and others..........NOT SO MUCH.

LOL......I love my sled for the most part, the grips are nuttier than some of my ex's though......and just about as warm....!!! Kinda weird, on occasion they get hot but mostly they max out at "warm at best".

EGGZAKTLEE.......

Work OK if I'm riding hard........but start waitin for others at stop signs, and the warmers turn into "COOLERS" in a hurry....... :o| :o|

Alatalo said:
I do not know if this is true, but according to one of the Yamaha technicians over here, the hand warmers shut down if you touch the brake...? WTF...??? Can anyone confirm this...?

LOL. That's funny if its true. But my break pads look like brand new. I don't use the brake very much.

Back