• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ALL NYTRO HANDWARMER POLL???

HOW DID YOUR NYTRO HANDWARMERS WORK?

• VERY GOOD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK - ON DAYS COLDER THAN 15

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • OK - ON DAYS WARMER THAN 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VERY BAD

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

I thought I read somewhere that running different warmers could harm the electrical system. I don't know why damage would occur but the post is somewhere on TY.

That post is out there, but I rode with a dealer sled outta alberta and he also changed the grips out and had been riding all winter also with a turbo nytro , he said he has had NO issues.

AKrider said:
I thought I read somewhere that running different warmers could harm the electrical system. I don't know why damage would occur but the post is somewhere on TY.

I received an email from Customer Service that said something to that effect. The post is called a straight answer

Yamaha also said there could be issues with changing the bars on my 06 apex ,I logged on nearly 8000 miles & had no electrical issues with the apex either.so far I have over 3000 miles on my nytro & no issues with electrical at all.

I wonder if part of the problem with the warmers is with their construction? I looked at an exploded diagram of the handlebars adn the warmers were a seperate unit that wrapped around the bars and the grips slid over top. My stock Vector hotgrips have the wires molded inside the grips and they are plenty warm.

From my past Ski-doo sleds, the wrap around elements work just fine. Maybe Yamaha sourced a bad batch or they just don't produce the output needed for the application?

I've been thinking about ordering some Vector warmers and using them on a different handlebar I have laying around. I was shocked to see the stock Nytro warmers are listed for over $100 a piece! I can't believe they want so much money for something that doesn't even work.

Simply fill up your hollow handlebars with some spray foam and you will notice an unreal difference in the handlebar warmers. The same stuff you would use to insulate in your home... Uses the least expanding stuff you can get your hands on...

Just try not to get it anywhere other than in the bars as it can make a mess.

No need to mess with any electrical parts or wiring or even remove the grips for that matter.

It is a very simple fix, definitely worth the ten bucks for the foam!

P.S. One can of foam is enough to do like ten or more sleds, and once it is opened it cannot be re-used... so line up a couple buddies and do a few sleds at once and save on the cost of the stuff too.

Zak.Kostyna said:
Simply fill up your hollow handlebars with some spray foam and you will notice an unreal difference in the handlebar warmers. The same stuff you would use to insulate in your home... Uses the least expanding stuff you can get your hands on...

No need to mess with any electrical parts or wiring or even remove the grips for that matter.

P.S. One can of foam is enough to do like ten or more sleds, and once it is opened it cannot be re-used... so line up a couple buddies and do a few sleds at once and save on the cost of the stuff too.

I gotta try this ^^^^

95 % of the time I have them on high. Even then my fingers will turn white, and have to stop and warm them up on the exhaust. :o|
My hands are in pretty rough shape, from 30 years of abuse from impact tools. So I need good warmers. I wish the Nytro warmers worked as well as the ones on my old Viper. On the Viper I would run them on 1/2 to 3/4 with plenty of heat. I only had them on high when first starting out, to warm the grips/hands up.

08 nitro mtx and they suckkkkkkkk!hand guards helped a bit but i think im going to install the 06 apex bars also and see how that wotrks,,,mind you im riding in -25 and better at times i have no trouble with others sleds...

Zak.Kostyna said:

yeah i've heard of this before,,,and other treads say it works,,i gotta try before i change out my warmers

Mine work fine to about -25C on highest settings, wearing WINTER gloves. See most guys wear motor cross gloves. Dress for the temp.

Mtnviper said:
95 % of the time I have them on high. Even then my fingers will turn white, and have to stop and warm them up on the exhaust. :o|
My hands are in pretty rough shape, from 30 years of abuse from impact tools. So I need good warmers. I wish the Nytro warmers worked as well as the ones on my old Viper. On the Viper I would run them on 1/2 to 3/4 with plenty of heat. I only had them on high when first starting out, to warm the grips/hands up.
I am no Dr. but everyone of us on here are a little different when it comes to the human anatomy. Some say they work well, some say they work just ok, and some say they don't work at all. I agree that they are not Hot, but I can feel heat. Poor blood circulation plays a role. It is what it is and I'm not complaining. ;)!

I am in agreement- On 30 deg days, they are adequate, if you are riding hard. Anything less- they are unacceptable for an $11K sled. Especially one as technologically advanced as Yamaha. I love Yamaha products- have a WR450, an R1 and have had many other toys from them in the past- but I would be hard pressed to buy another sled unless they recitfy this situation. The best motor in the world is useless if you get frostbite trying to ride it.

Back