• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro real world fuel range poll:

FX Nytro real world fuel range

• Under 70miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79miles

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 80-89miles

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 90-99miles

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 100-109miles

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 110-119miles

• 120-129miles

• Total voters

Daranello

Suspended
So guys lets hear it what were the real numbers you got out of your FX Nytro for range...I've heard number all over the place so can you or can you not get a 100miles out of the stock tank? :drink:

Daranello said:
So guys lets hear it what were the real numbers you got out of your FX Nytro for range...I've heard number all over the place so can you or can you not get a 100miles out of the stock tank? :drink:

FYI - Somebody polled this same question a few months back.
I have over 5000 kms and I never got over 100 miles on one tank. Ridden hard all I got was around 90-95.

had a 40 th anniversy out this winter rode it 110 miles 2 bars left trust me it was hard hard riding (demo) lol

do you have that hauck pipe for your apex . if you wont tosell let me no thanks. you bought it off my friend. :Rockon:

BLUEBALLER said:
Daranello said:

FYI - Somebody polled this same question a few months back.
I have over 5000 kms and I never got over 100 miles on one tank. Ridden hard all I got was around 90-95.

Yep, that was me. Here it is:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... light=fuel

I have about 4000 km on the M-TX and i've been around 95-100 mpg all winter.

The guy stating he rode an FXNytro with a 110 miles and still 2 bars left is dreaming...........

That would mean there was still 1/4 of the fuel remaining (+/-) (8 bars total on the guage-2/8 reduces to 1/4) meaning...... just shy of 2 gallons of the 7.4 gallon tank. Now lets run the numbers on that one.

110 miles using 5.5 gallons = 20 miles/gallon

2 gallons left at 20 miles/gallon = 40 more possible miles..... (+/-)

Now that is assuming that you could use every drop in the tank, and also assuming the 2 bars left were at the highest point so to speak. There is certainly some room for error in my logic above.

With that said, combine that and say that it is possible to get 150 mile range out of an FXNytro........ Some one is not telling the truth.

My bet is, you said it was a demo, someone did not reset the odometer when they filled it up.

I am sorry, but there is no way people are getting 120 miles on one tank and riding hard! One of my last rides of the year I went 99 miles and ran out of gas. The kicker is that I rode the last 20 miles cruising along at 40mph on flat to conserve fuel.

Maybe there are different meanings to 'riding hard'.

lucky_7 said:
I am sorry, but there is no way people are getting 120 miles on one tank and riding hard! One of my last rides of the year I went 99 miles and ran out of gas. The kicker is that I rode the last 20 miles cruising along at 40mph on flat to conserve fuel.

Maybe there are different meanings to 'riding hard'.

Exactly!! Your "hard riding" is mostlikely different from the next guy's.

If I get close to 100 mile per tank, then I'll be happy! Thats not saying that I won't be looking at saddle bags or a bigger tank, but for stock, it will do.

RR

trust me it was hard riding and i wrote that wrong i ment 2 say i was riding it all day hard and figured with the 2 bars left it would end up being around 110 miles out of a tank

Back