• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro real world fuel range poll:

FX Nytro real world fuel range

• Under 70miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79miles

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 80-89miles

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 90-99miles

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 100-109miles

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 110-119miles

• 120-129miles

• Total voters
out here in our trails no way you could do over 70kph in the tight trails without ending up in a tree!!! good to know with my riding style il get 100-120 miles on a tank

RowdyRoddy you will be happy. My last ride was on May 1 into Lewis hills (your neck of the woods) and I had 1 bar on the gauge (4-5L in tank) and 150km on the odo when we got back. Spent that day climbing and playing around the hills, would have stayed longer but 2 of the guys I was with were almost dry, 1 ran out on the way back to the trucks.
This has been my experience all year, I have seen 160-170km usually from a tank.

I could see going a hundred miles & having 2 bars left. I usually gassed up around 100 miles - my best was 102 miles with 5.5 gallons = 18.5 mpg. Low was around 16 mpg with lots of powder riding. I'd still like a bigger tank - I'm used to going 140 miles on a tank with my old SXr.

100 miles and the tank is dry for me in the mountains, and that is on really hard packed trail ride. For a day of powder I am looking at 60-80 miles and the tank is dry.........

update...now with 900miles on the XTX i'm getting 14 US MPG or 17 Imp MPG....trail riding, lakes cold conditiong....

If I have the stock tank Id be dry at 100miles....but with the TrailTank I shoud be good for 145miles...

Two weeks ago riding easy I got 113 miles with one bar left on gauge put in 6.5 gal. that was with some pretty easy riding but also with my son on in front of me around 330 pounds total

I am up to 930 miles on my RTX and my last 3 tanks were 15mpg,16mpg,15 mpg. Our riding has been allot of mixed lately. We were up to the Pembina Gourge in northern ND yesterday and there is some really tight twisty and hilly stuff that you are constantly on and off the throttle with a top speed of maybe 40mph then when you climb out of the gourge there are stretches of 10 miles or more where you wont see under 80mph with many pulls to 100mph. I am happy with 15mpg and have as much range as many of the 2 strokes I ride with. One fuel stop I put in 5.7 gallons my buddys 600SRX put in 9.8 gallons and a switchback 700 and a 03 F7 both put in 8.7 gallons. I think I could get even better mileage if I could quit blipping the throttle but I can't stop, it's like an addiction, I love to listen to this thing :Rockon: . A 10 gallon tank would be nice but for our area the gas stops are close enough I don't have a problem. I am however thinking of getting the gas caddie saddlebags over the summer so I can put stuff on one side and carry one can just in case on the other.

18.3mpg and 18.5mpg the last 2 tanks of gas,1 run was 112 miles,easy trail riding,run hard a few days ago and got 16.8mpg on that tank,no need for a bigger tank for my style and area

I think it's snow condition more than, or as much as riding style. I've had the light com on at 85 mi, and I've gone well over 100. I got 20 mpg riding with the wife a couple weeks ago on hard frozen trails at a leisurely pace. Riding on powder covered trails (6 - 12") I'd be down around 15 mpg.

Back to the original question - I rarely get less than 100 miles on a tank.

Back