• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MSD Launch Master WOW

1000 Bound

Veteran
Just installed the launch master stutter box. Sled is an Apex with the MCX rear mount at 12 psi. Complete trail sled set up for the asphalt. Sled is to have 260 claimed HP. Sled was terrible launching with turbo lag.

I now have the stutter set at 4900rpm and it builds 4-5 PSI boost.
Can anyone tell me an approx hp the sled would have had at 5000rpm with zero boost and now with 4-5 psi boost at 5000?
The flames coming out of the exhaust pipe are incredible.

Also need to know th adownfall to the stutter and the dangers to the motor.
Thanks

well had the msd out to test this weekend and it is absolutley the best mod for the buck for drag racing. An honest 3.5 tenths reduction on the asphalt

WHAT KIND OF ET, MPH
NOW
BEFORE
HAVE THE SAME SLED AND WAS THINKING OF PUTTING IT ON THE BLACKTOP

TJ YAM said:
WHAT KIND OF ET, MPH
NOW
BEFORE
HAVE THE SAME SLED AND WAS THINKING OF PUTTING IT ON THE BLACKTOP
Sounds interesting, I'd like to know those details too. Guys fill out your profiles so we know where you're from etc.

Sled was running with me on it at 250lbs with gear at 6.5s 1/8 and now 6.22. All in hte 60ft. went from 1.62s to 1.23 60fts. With a driver 50lbs lighter the sled was running 6.3 prior so we hope to see it in the 5s in the 1/8. With the lighter driver it ran 9.91 at 143 mph in the 1/4 prior to the msd

it's simply just plug and play. there's room by the hi/lo light switch for the button. get one from radio shack. I have mine set to 5300 rpm stutter. to much for snow. I use mine for grass drags with a speed track running chisels. Just trying to keep the front end down now. Wish i would of extended the rails. Just going to run the illinois races this year, moneys tight.

Otis RX said:
How was the install?
I'd like that for the ice. Rear Bender w/ 2560r
Unbelieveable how hard it hits on ice!

On an RX1 I would be surprised if it took any more than 5 minutes.

The Apex takes longer cause you need your 5 year son to reach in with his hands to connect the harness.

I don't think it works on RX1, RX1 have CDI ignition, Apex have ?

It will only work with coil on plug applications. yes the apex is harder, even more when you have a mid-mount turbo (cpr).

The RX-1 has coil on plugs! Can it be used on the RXs? If not, why not?

How does the msd know when to actually launch and stop the studder? Is it with the break?

Back