• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mounting gps

ps4020

Extreme
I just bought a Garmin 60scx and want to mount it on my 06 apex and wheres a good locations for this and what the best mount for that?,
also where should I hard wire it in to? battery jumper leads?

thanks.

I can't give advice on the hardwiring question, since I've just used my 12V accessory plug on my Apex.

This is the setup that I ran last year with my Lowrance iFinder Pro. I used a handle bar mount. One thing I didn't like about this set up is that I had to look so far down and to the left to see what was going on. Pay no attention to my crazy rubber band setup:

This is the set up that I plan to run this year with my Lowrance XOG. The biggest complaint others have about going this route is the possibility, or probability, of destroying the GPS should you experience a rollover. All I did was take my existing mount, got rid of the U-bolt and drilled two holes in the riser:

Another view:

I have mine mounted on the riser like the one above with a RAM mount. Also wired it to the battery leads this season. Used it all last season with no trouble. Never rolled it so I can't comment on that but I think if I rolled my sled I will be worried about more than breaking my GPS. There are lots of pics here in this section of the same setup.

Thanks guys, I too think I'm going to mount to my riser that looks like the best place for it.
have great year of riding and be safe,
Thanks again,

RAM mount is the way to go.... very secure hold on the gps, and you can either mount to the bars or drill the riser.

ps4020 said:
I just bought a Garmin 60scx and want to mount it on my 06 apex and wheres a good locations for this and what the best mount for that?,
also where should I hard wire it in to? battery jumper leads?

thanks.

Go on ebay. They have a handlebar mount for the 60csx. It fits perfect on the handle bars out of the way, and is very sturdy. The price is right also. I bout the ram, but it is kind of bulky. The handle bar one is the way to go. I will post the pics when I get back on Monday.

I bought a female cig plug from Radio Shack and cut the ends off. Then I put some connectors on there and connected it right to the battery. Next I plugged in the cig plug that comes with the unit and secured it under the hood and ran it up to the handlebars. Here are some pics of my mount.

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

60csx installed on my Attak.

I used the Ram mount with the 5" rise as i do have a 2" rox riser on. Looks like i would have been able to stick with the 3" Ram Rise. I hard wired it to the battery. Looks and works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 220
Mount

Here is a copy of the handle bar mount I bought off ebay. I think it is pretty sturdy. I have the other style. It just seemed bulky, and in the way. So I am going to try this. If it doesn't work I will switch to the other. Good luck with your choice

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62670

I have a Garmin 60CSX, and I was thinking of mounting it like this on my Nytro. The Rev that its on, is my other sled. I never had a problem with it going down the trail. The mount holds it steady, and it is easy to see.
2251994930104691228S425x425Q85.jpg
[/url][/img]

Back