• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08-09 race season phazer

xc_phazer137

Expert
I got a starter pic here, I hope to have it all compleated by 12-1 Still waiting on some Key parts. But I wanted to give you a sneak peak on what I got going on. Feel free to ask questions.

phazerproject002.jpg

phazerproject003.jpg

Before you read this and shake your heads in disbelief, go to Joe Gibbs Racing Oils website and read the tech bulletin on why JGR choose to product their our oils.

Now having said that (and hopefully I have your attention), I have seen some serious race motors on the dyno being flogged, pull after pull and not one issue with JGR oils. Stuff works AND you can make extra power with it. Choose which is best for your motor and enviroment. Hell, the Pro Stock Drag class with their 500 C.I. motors live on JGR oil. That's alot of big iron being thrown around at some serious RPM. Imagine what it can do for your little 500cc motor.

My recommendations are for a race (change oil after each event) type of useage. Every little edge in performance sure helps. Good Luck with your project.

wow looks good can't wait to see it with all the plastics put back on... any reason for not having the floats on front?

connors said:
wow looks good can't wait to see it with all the plastics put back on... any reason for not having the floats on front?

I should see the fox floats this next week Not sure what the hang up is, I really cant wait to have a custom set of Fox shocks for the rear. Great thing for you guys is if they work out this year they should be avalible next fall eather threw Fox or Yamaha.

What is the Yamaha race kit?

Any side view pictures on how you tucked the skid up?

What class is it legal in - in Canada?

What do the tunnel protectors look like? A pic if u could. I was going to use two old slides but not sure how far up in the tunnel they should be or where to attach them at the rear.

iwant1 said:
What do the tunnel protectors look like? A pic if u could. I was going to use two old slides but not sure how far up in the tunnel they should be or where to attach them at the rear.

You can use them old slides I wouldnt because there really not going to stop the high impact landings.
Hear is a link to the Kit for those of you intrested. I will have more pics soon when I get shocks and take the skid out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtq2XczUgqc

http://revver.com/video/758894/yamaha-p ... -garrison/

I took some more shots with my Camera P{hone they kind of suce but Ill brake out the SLR tomorrow night. I could not wait to Show you. Remember this sled was a 08 Base Model Phazer

Attachments

• shy shot1.jpg
    shy shot1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 85
  • spy shot2.jpg
    spy shot2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 83
  • spy shot 3.jpg
    spy shot 3.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 72
  • spy shot 3.jpg
    spy shot 3.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 77
  • spy shot 4.jpg
    spy shot 4.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 75
Is it really necessary to have both the large windscreen and oversized hand guards? What type of race is this for, cross country?

Grimm said:
Is it really necessary to have both the large windscreen and oversized hand guards? What type of race is this for, cross country?

Well Yes and No. I get cold hands when I race XC I often where a thin glove. I often put hand gonlets on too. I like the XL windshield kicks the air around me and actually makes my sled faster. The big muffs are to kick that extra little wind around my hands. You have to ride it to enjoy it. I often get crap for it. But I win Races. ;)!

Back