• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer build

Nikolai

TY 4 Stroke God
Forum seems slow now so I figured I'd start my summer build. Nothing major, just lots of small changes and additions. Will post pictures as I go.

Started taking the sled apart last night.

sled-1.jpg

Yes they are, I'm stoked. Although yours will be a little faster, lol.

Shaved the brake reservoir. Part of my summer project is to clean things up a bunch and simplify everything as much as possible. Since I ditched the P-brake I ground the mounts off, also got ride of the electrical. If I can find some nice handwarmers that use a toggle switch, I'll cut off the handwarmer adjuster mount too. I'll be running RSI backcountry bars and hate the cluttered look.

lever2.jpg

It'll be powder coated this summer so it should look factory.
lever1.jpg

sled-2.jpg

Thanks Tookes, I'll look into that. As for the other stuff...mostly maintenance and small things I want to change from this past winter.

- Hygear reservoir setup for the Expert shocks. This should give me high and low compression adjustments and make the rear skid really work well.

- Ice Age 144 rails, built for 8" wheels so I can use a solid axle plus a few minor other things added. Going to run (4) 8" AC wheels. Also adding an anti-stab kit

- 144x15x2.5 camo extreme

- RSI backcountry bars, riser, grips and hand warmers

- clear Trail Tank. All the jumping and rolling screwed up the fuel gauge a bunch so it doesn't read right anymore. Won't be an issues with a clear tank.

- WMR Nytro +2 seat

- new carbides and some better mounts for the C&A's

- all new powdercoating(will look sick, I promise)

Other misc. stuff...eliminate TORS, shave the p-brake mount off the chaincase, clean up the tunnel, clean up the wiring as much as possible, rebuild both clutches, ect.

That's the basic plan anyway ;)!

Dangit, your beating me, oh wait im going riding sunday haha. Since im going to be replacing almost everything anyway its time to find some nasty shoot in whittier and see what we can do, lol.

I guess ill use your thread to post my progress through the summer as well. My tear down starts in a couple weeks, cant wait!!!

My plans

-Impulse pump gas upgrade, 17lbs of boost on 91 octane

-Power addiction tunnel

-timbersled skid

-wild child rider forward kit(thanks Nikolai)

-new bars, grips, RSI

-new front clip(its twisted)

-09 xtx front end with float x's

-153x15x2.5 camo extreme

-avid drivers

-Tons of powder coating, and like caleb said it will be sick, dont worry!!!!!!

Will put before and after pics up soon.

I said summer build, not "my summer build" so post away :D We'll make it a combined build thread.

How much are sub frames anyway?

revdog827 said:
nikolai - WMR Nytro +2 seat? any info. havent heard of wmr seat.

I was about to ask the same...2 up? or +2 inch height?

2" higher. They're a new company. They take your stock seat base and build their seat on top of it. I got some pics in an email I'll post tomorrow.

Nikolai said:
2" higher. They're a new company. They take your stock seat base and build their seat on top of it. I got some pics in an email I'll post tomorrow.

Thats cool, do they have a website or anything, do you know roughly how much it is going to cost you.

Here's all the info on the WMR seat
Nikolai,

It mounts using the factory pan and mounts (no unreliable Velcro or snaps).

And yes it will be available in an all black version in about 2-3 weeks. Our seat foam cushion tooling is being fabricated this week. Once fabricated, we will run several densities of foam in it to allow us to choose the density we want to go to production with. That process takes about 3-5 days to complete. Once we have specified our density it's only a matter of a week to have the production foam produced and ready to test fit with our seat cover pattern set.

Because our process requires a factory seat pan and mounting, we require a factory seat to build one of ours. So, the program goes something like this ... You pay an authorized dealer $329 US for our seat and send us your factory seat "core". You then receive your new Mountain ASSAULT Seat built up with our NEW custom foam, and cover all assembled. Simple process...

If we can get some factory seat bases out of Yamaha, we can build ahead to shorten the turnaround time. However, our current turn around time should only be a day or two plus transit time.

Incoming freight costs are the customers responsability, out bound freight costs will be born by WRP.

The first Nytro model will be the Plus II (a 2" taller than stock model). Later in the Summer we will introduce a Plus III (3" taller than stock).

Regards,
_______

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 120

Back