TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Phazer idle speed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Phazer General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STAIN
TY 4 Stroke Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Phazer idle speed? Reply with quote

I just traded my RX for a 07 Phazer and my service manuals have not come in yet. What is the idle speed supposed to be on these? Is there and adjustment beside the throttle stop? My idle is @2600 rpm and I think it is contributing to it not going into reverse smoothly.
Ultrafrozen
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you let it warm up? The rpms drop after running for five or ten minutes. I assume the sled will drop into reverse easier then. I've only run my sled once since I bought it a few weeks ago and this is what happened.
Ruckus
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should idle around 1800. I find reverse will only engage when you are down around 2200 or so. It takes a solid 5 minutes to idle down, maybe longer. Sometimes you gotta haul up on the rear grab bar to get it to engage. Go Yamaha! Thumbs Up
yamahas
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adjustment screw is on the left side of the sled when sitting on it down up by the A-arms. Remove the rubber cap and you should be able to get to it with a screw driver from there. I keep my idle arouns 1750. I can engage the reverse by rocking the sled back and forth.
09 Phazer RTX - Ulmer clutch kit, Slydog powder hounds, 4 Stroke solutions roll over valve, Flotation skid plate, Lake effect pivot riser, Float evol shocks, 121" Freeride, Yamaheater, Vector Secondary Clutch
2001 Arctic Cat ZL 800
STAIN
TY 4 Stroke Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
yamahas
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure you let it warm up lots before you drop down the speed. dropped it when it wasn't warm enough and it would keep stalling. Took me a while before i realised what the problem was.
09 Phazer RTX - Ulmer clutch kit, Slydog powder hounds, 4 Stroke solutions roll over valve, Flotation skid plate, Lake effect pivot riser, Float evol shocks, 121" Freeride, Yamaheater, Vector Secondary Clutch
2001 Arctic Cat ZL 800
xt_gt
TY 4 Stroke Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right stain. i'd agree with everyone here that idle is about 1800 & takes a while to idle down. it does also go into reverse better once below 2000 rpms. sometime with a little rocking as well.
NKSALES
Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If after adjusting idle to 1700 RPM For the reverse problem get belt number 8GK-17641-10 and shim number 90201-345G2
BombaPolaYama
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruckus wrote:
It should idle around 1800. I find reverse will only engage when you are down around 2200 or so. It takes a solid 5 minutes to idle down, maybe longer. Sometimes you gotta haul up on the rear grab bar to get it to engage. Go Yamaha! Thumbs Up

Funny that they put the reverse lever back there eh! Couldn't help it. Thumbs Up

08 VL -16K Km: Slydog 7" PH's/6" SB bars/ Skinz bumper, X-clickers,Exhaust ext., Frogzskin, copper donuts, Ulmer bush, Upbush steer/spindle bush, OFT s. block, YFZ inner t/r ends, SBM Swaybar/clutch kit, VMax 600 Sec., NCI ThumbDrive, 1.5" Crossover
10 RS Venture TF (4560 Km) 8" PH's/ 9" T points
92 Toy Hilux Surf
09 Toy Tac 4x4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Phazer General Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: