• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Dimmer Switch Button

1975FA

Expert
I broke the dimmer button on on my 08 RTX. The button is available for newer nytros but not the 08's. Can I put the button from a newer sled in my 08 or do I have to get a whole new switch?

Go to WWW.Procaliber.com They have it under handle switch lever item #10
upload_2016-1-6_16-0-9.png

I was using a different sight to look it up so I could order it from my local dealer and their parts blowup didn't show it separate for 08, must have been an older parts book. The switch was the same PN as the 2012 book I was looking at that showed the button separate. Shipping kills us on small parts so I get them from my local stealership.

Take a look at the cost from Procaliber, it is only $4.44. They are usually half the cost of a Yamaha dealer and the parts are all OEM parts in their Yamaha packaging. I am going to bet the switch from your dealer is going to be WAY more. Procaliber usually ships to you in a couple of days at minimal cost.

I buy parts from Pro Caliber quite often. With orders of $100 shipping is free so it works out well but on a $4.44 order adding another $3-$5 shipping I might as well go local and pay $6.89 for it. Shipping can be a deal breaker.

Back