• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

The tank size worried me at first but after putting 1200 miles on my Nytro it does not bother me at all. I have been averaging around 18 US mpg which gets me to over 100 miles on a tank easily. I ride with Cat F7's and 600 Poo's and they are always looking for fuel before me.

I can see mountain guys having issues but for flatland trail riding in MN and the UP, the 7.4 gal tank is fine... Just my opinion...

I think this sled will be a big winner, This is something that I've been looking for for a while, however I'm not sure I'll enjoy the loss of HP over the Apex. I also noticed the black Nytro in the yamaha video, which just reminds me that more sleds are coming! Like others have said Yamaha wanted to steal some thunder back from doo's 4-stroke release, and believe me there is no comparison the nytro is the better sled! :yam: :Rockon:

Looks like we got all worked up for nothing. I don't understand why they didn't make any real improvements. All that's different is that instead of paying $1000 for Ulmer's long track kit, and getting a decent track with it, you pay Yamaha and get the same entry-level track as the 121.

BUT

They might still shock us yet. Or not. I won't hold my breath for the next releases.

Jesster said:
Looks like we got all worked up for nothing. I don't understand why they didn't make any real improvements. All that's different is that instead of paying $1000 for Ulmer's long track kit, and getting a decent track with it, you pay Yamaha and get the same entry-level track as the 121.

BUT

They might still shock us yet. Or not. I won't hold my breath for the next releases.

Geez you people kill me. If you had seen the boards back a year ago when the Nytro was released everyone was stoked, but whining that there was no longer track version. "Yamaha dropped the ball" posts like you see here were even more prevalent. Now Yamaha comes out exactly with what they were complaining about not having and it's weak? Get a grip here.

This isn't their entire 09 lineup, if nothing has changed for the other models then we would have gotten the full 09 lineup shot right now. They just happened to release one sled early. If they hadn't some of you would be complaining about that too.

Anyone see a Canadian price yet?

The U.S. price for the XTX is only $150 more than the 08 RTX.

With the way our Canadian dollar value increased over the past year, does this mean the Canadian list price will drop versus the 08s? Theoretically it should.

Yamahnator said:
Jesster said:

BUT

Geez you people kill me. If you had seen the boards back a year ago when the Nytro was released everyone was stoked, but whining that there was no longer track version. "Yamaha dropped the ball" posts like you see here were even more prevalent. Now Yamaha comes out exactly with what they were complaining about not having and it's weak? Get a grip here.

This isn't their entire 09 lineup, if nothing has changed for the other models then we would have gotten the full 09 lineup shot right now. They just happened to release one sled early. If they hadn't some of you would be complaining about that too.

Excellent post, and pretty much my opinion as well.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Yamahnator said:
Jesster said:

BUT

Excellent post, and pretty much my opinion as well.

Same here, i thought i was on DooTalk for a minute.... Everyone remember back a year ago..... i dont think there was one person on this board that didnt ask "why no long track"; Thanks yami.... you did listen...

This is the sled that we all wanted last year, and now we have it.... the longer track will get the power to the ground and off we go... i loved the drag race section on the videos, not a single sled came close.

I hope to have one of these in my garage this fall, anyone looking for a nice 05 Vector er with nytro ergos?????

Good point LOL...

This is extra wood.

I was starting to put parts together to build a sled like this for next season. So All I see needing a change is BOOST and a 2" track. Some skis and narrow the front end.

Gonna be a fun fall....

I can't wait till next season :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Yamahnator said:
Jesster said:

BUT

I 3rd this post.

Seems like no matter what yamaha does there will be guys who will not be happy. I think it will be a good seller for yami.

Nobody mentioned the new rails on the skid. I'm really curious to see how that handles on trails in comparison to a flat rail 144". That looks like a great idea... :yam:

This is really what I have been waiting for myself. Glad they fixed the front spindles but the tank is something I also wish was bigger. The ripsaw doesn't really bother me that much I am amazed on where my 121" would go riding with 136" 1.75" Doo's the last couple of years. The skis well we all know they have to go but another worry of mine is top end. If the 121" nytros are barely touching 100 on the gun this long track version sure isn't going to get there without a bottle. :nos

I agree with all of you that this is all good and very excited about driving it this next week. I will give you guys some feedback on it as soon as I can....

Maxsled says it's 1.5 MPH Faster.... My guess is the lower approach angle offsets the increase in track weight, and the longer tail helps aero slightly.

It should be an lot faster in powder on an lake as well.

All it needs is another 30-40hp, can you say Supercharger!

I'm wondering if Yammie will Supply the new front end parts for free or low cost?

For me the trick move if you already have an Nytro, is to Mod your '08 versus trading, as you can put an aftermarket tunnel on dropping 15lbs and put an aftermarket skid on like an Timberlsed MTN Tamer, dropping another 35lbs, and end up with an sled 70 lbs lighter than than the XTX, and leave you money left over to put an Carbon Front end on dropping another 10lbs, Lightweight battery 5lbs, chuck the reverse and put an lightweight exhaust on and you would be looking at an 450-460 lb sled.

Now that's something to get excited about!

SNOWDOG said:
Nobody mentioned the new rails on the skid. I'm really curious to see how that handles on trails in comparison to a flat rail 144". That looks like a great idea... :yam:
Hmmmm.... Have you never tried a Switchback? I guess once Polaris stopped making 144", Yammie was rumbling through their dumpsters, and found a few leftover rails... LOL The only difference is the Yammie has coupling, while the Switch didn't. The Yammie video makes it seem like they invented it.... I like Ulmers rails much better, since he utilises the original 121" rear scissor, and not the clunky coupling-rods from the Mountain and Venture...

No, nice try, but it's not quite there yet. A crossover-sled without cargospace, NAH, one would think they would have learned something over the years? It's been this way ever since the '04 Warrior. What will it take to make them understand? Do we have to write on a bat and beat it into their heads? LOL

Back