• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

RSV said:
SNOWDOG said:
Nobody mentioned the new rails on the skid. I'm really curious to see how that handles on trails in comparison to a flat rail 144". That looks like a great idea... :yam:
Hmmmm.... Have you never tried a Switchback? I guess once Polaris stopped making 144", Yammie was rumbling through their dumpsters, and found a few leftover rails... LOL The only difference is the Yammie has coupling, while the Switch didn't. The Yammie video makes it seem like they invented it.... I like Ulmers rails much better, since he utilises the original 121" rear scissor, and not the clunky coupling-rods from the Mountain and Venture...

No, nice try, but it's not quite there yet. A crossover-sled without cargospace, NAH, one would think they would have learned something over the years? It's been this way ever since the '04 Warrior. What will it take to make them understand? Do we have to write on a bat and beat it into their heads? LOL
until you ride a xtx why dont you keep your negative posts off of here.

HOLLYWOOD69 said:
until you ride a xtx why dont you keep your negative posts off of here.
I'm just dissapointed, since I know they can do better if they really try... ;)!

Yamahnator said:
Geez you people kill me. If you had seen the boards back a year ago when the Nytro was released everyone was stoked, but whining that there was no longer track version. "Yamaha dropped the ball" posts like you see here were even more prevalent. Now Yamaha comes out exactly with what they were complaining about not having and it's weak? Get a grip here.

This isn't their entire 09 lineup, if nothing has changed for the other models then we would have gotten the full 09 lineup shot right now. They just happened to release one sled early. If they hadn't some of you would be complaining about that too.

Pretty much all MFG do this. This sled SHOULD have been released last year with the rest of the Nytro line. However if they did that they wouuld not have this "New Model" to release this year. You can bet that this sled was designed at the same time as the short track Nytro. There is nothing really new here other than tipped up rails.

Not saying Yamaha is wrong to do this, because they ALL do this. But the truth is the truth and this at this point is a big deal for nothing.

Yes I agree that Yammy answered with the long track that we asked for, however we've also been asking for the LARGER TANK, BETTER SKIS, MORE CARGO ROOM, BETTER IDLER WHEELS(4 years now), and they haven't delivered there. Replacing one thing at a time isn't enough and will NEVER be enough to catch Skidoo's efforts.

WAS LOOKING FOR THIS SLED LAST SPRING, SO I'M HAPPY THEY DID IT. SHOULD HAVE DONE A MIDSEASON RELEASE THOUGH. THE PRICE TAG IS IMPRESSIVE, BUT WAS LOOKING FOR MORE STORAGE, AND LARGER TANK. NONETHELESS I THINK THE XTX WILL BE A VERY NICE RIDE. WILL WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO FOR A CROSSOVER APEX BEFORE I DECIDE WHICH ONE WILL BE IN MY GARAGE NEXT FALL. ;)!

I agree with both sides on this. While the XTX is a step in the right direction and something I would consider for my next sled…Yamaha screwed up. Yamaha left a lot of market share on the table because of a few simple things that 99% of their potential customers know about and would like to see changed. Yamaha could have OWNED the crossover market with this sled. Instead the XTX will just be another option to consider. Unfortunately, the small tank, throwaway skis and lack of cargo space will keep many people from buying (consider-yes, buy-maybe/maybe not). In the real world range is a HUGE deal and plenty enough reason for one to discount an otherwise great sled as just not right. This puts a lot of would be buyers (my guess is about 99%) in a predicament (I like the sled but…..). I would venture to say that with a larger gas tank and new skis Yamaha would have increased the excitement factor 1000x and sell a lot more of these than they presently will. With these 2 simple changes Yamaha would have made this a no-brainer for the masses. Instead they have created even more frustration for some because we really like it but it still has some serious real world issues…AAARRRGGG!!! :o|

With that being said I would still like to give props to Yamaha for the XTX and what this sled represents…the Swiss Army Knife of snowmobiles. :Rockon:

I'd consider buying one.. I really like the 144" track.. If they would have made it 144x16x 1.35, that would be good... I think they have a good package here... although, I'd have to see larger storage, maybe a larger fuel tank, better wind protection, etc...

I have an 07 Attak GT that I love, but would greatly consider one of these... I'd buy it without a doubt, it it were time for me to upgrade...

oh, I'd like the tunnel to be one piece and a rack on back, directing the exhaust away from the storage rack space

The release of the 09 Nytro XTX is just a teaser.

There will still be a regular release of all of their 2009 models in March.

So let's get started on some new rumors! ;)!

Took theese stills from the videos on the Yammie site:

Looks like a black Nytro to me + some more.

Ike

RSV and Grimm,

You guys have some real issues to deal with. Do you lead happy lives, or do you get in your car/truck in the morning and complain about how the vehicle came with bridgestone tires and it should have come with something else, and man it would have gone down the road better if they would have just done this different. All the things you complain about can't makie living your life much fun. For that I feel sorry for you.

Remember, there is a sled for everyone. If you want something different, try one of the other yamaha sleds. If you think doo is so far ahead, I wish you luck on the new 1200 cc 4-Tec or the E-Tec. The grass is alkways greener.

But good lord, can you take the pitty party somewhere else.

Back