• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

The lesser approach angle of the 144 more than makes up for the longer track the 121 Nytro Sucks in Powder, very Slow. I would guess in powder(12" of powder on an lake)the 144 would be sigficantly faster than the 121 , say 5-7 mph.

I think it is a good move to get into the crossover market. I like the idea of the tipped up rails to give it the feeling of a short track on the trails. I think being a 144 track will help it float better with the added weight compared to the 136 2 strokes. Things that i don't like about it are the small tank and ripsaw track. I hope yamaha introduces the apex in this configuration as my sled will be up for sale then.

I love it! Our group is looking at possibly making a purchase of 4-5 XTX's
As for a lot of the "unsastisfied people" get off yer a$$ and away from the keyboard and go for a flippin' ride!
Remember the way it used to be? You did'nt care what ya rode, just as long as you were riding!
I think the radiation the monitor is giving off is making a lot of you KOOKOO!!!!
What am I doing?....I seem to be a post whore lately, maybe I need to take some of my own medicine
F #$%&* It let's go riding! Taste death, live life! Yeah :Rockon: :-o :nos :4STroke: :jump: :hide:

Come Sept. I am looking at buying the xtx. It will be the first 4 stroke I buy. I had a 01 sxr stretched to 136 (wrescked and totaled) and will never go back to a 121, I love the long track and the sled looks really mean. Even the guys I ride with are all ski-doo riders, I am the only one that rider yami and they like the look of the sled and the idea of the long track.

I think that if one can not afford to change the track or skis than probably should not be buying the sled if the first place. Everyone I know expects to add close to a grand in accessories , studs , pipes, tracks, handle bars , skis, wear bars,clutch kits etc........ It is impossible to please everyone because we all have different riding styles, weights and conditions , imo Yamaha is clearly pointed in the right direction.

When I was trying to decide between the Apex and the Renegade 1000, when snow checking the ski doo you had the option of 2 different paddle sizes. That would be a nice touch, maybe even offering the wider skis with the taller paddle. If Yamaha did this we might not need as much cheese on this site.

baknblk said:
I think that if one can not afford to change the track or skis than probably should not be buying the sled if the first place. Everyone I know expects to add close to a grand in accessories , studs , pipes, tracks, handle bars , skis, wear bars,clutch kits etc........ It is impossible to please everyone because we all have different riding styles, weights and conditions , imo Yamaha is clearly pointed in the right direction.

When I was trying to decide between the Apex and the Renegade 1000, when snow checking the ski doo you had the option of 2 different paddle sizes. That would be a nice touch, maybe even offering the wider skis with the taller paddle. If Yamaha did this we might not need as much cheese on this site.

That would make things a lot better!

baknblk said:

Good post.

Oh and this is a quote from the Amsnow newsletter about Yamaha.

The XTX isn't the only thing new for 2009, but if we told you more we'd have to shoot you! Watch for the full Yamaha line reveal in the next 6 weeks, both on this Web site, and in the Spring 2008 issue that hits mailboxes in mid-March and newsstands shortly thereafter.

And actually someone on Dootalk got me thinking about why they chose to release the XTX early from a marketing standpoint. The guy had a good point. Doo just released their four stroke, and there were people wishing they had released a crossover edition for it too. Then Yamaha releases the info about the XTX. Probably not coincidence, and probably before the hype of the new Doo 4 stroke got in sway release something that plugs the hole in Yamaha's lineup and is missing in Doo's new release. ;)!

I got to ride one at my local dealer's Yamafest demo day, and all I have to say is that MOST of you will be very happy with it....I agree, it needed a bigger tank, but you will definately appreciate the ride! I didnt even feel the 1-2' moguls! plenty of power, maybe a little less initial zip than my Attak, which I love, but I think that the ride and handling is superior....hard to tell in only 10 minutes of 'supervised' riding, but I am willing to give her a try next season....PS: I'm NOT giving up the Attak just yet, but the 05 Rage is outta here! :bump:

How much of the skid tilted. Is it where a 136" would end and to the 144" mark is tilted or right from the end of a 121 and the rest is tilted.

Back