• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

Alot of you guy's complaining about what Yamaha should have done and shouldn't of done sound like "BITCHY WIVES THAT DIDN'T GET FLOWERS OR CANDY FOR VALENTINES!"Go get laid or jerk off or something I'am sick of your whinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They came out with something that alot of people wanted. :yam:

YUP I've still got WOOD.

A 144 w/ tipped rails is what I want. For the UP the fuel capacity is fine, The Nitro's that ride in our group (ty) have been fine on fuel.

Ok so the sled may not come with every thing you want. Pick up a catalog or go online order the parts you want and start tinkering.

WE ALL DO IT!!!! If we did not the aftermarket companies would not even be in business.

So yes I will put an 2" track on it. Yes I will put extro's on it. I will pick up a pair of C&A XT's from Richie.
I have very little time to enjoy my 2 hobbies. So if I need to add some extras I will. No money does not grow on a tree but I place a very high value on my free time.

JUST GO RIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it, GO BUY WHAT YOU LIKE !!! STOP CRYING!!

I think all sleds should be totally tricked out and cost 20,000 then mybe only the few can afford it and there would be less traffic on tug Hill on the weekends. HA!

woolyviper said:
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little babys crying like you got the wrong present on christmas day.
rightarm said:
Alot of you guy's complaining about what Yamaha should have done and shouldn't of done sound like "BITCHY WIVES THAT DIDN'T GET FLOWERS OR CANDY FOR VALENTINES!"Go get laid or jerk off or something I'am sick of your whinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They came out with something that alot of people wanted.

I am sorry if my previous post sounds bitchy, but the topic is called "what do you think", right...?

I think 144" is the best choice for a true crossover sled. Anyone in doubt should test ride the Lynx XTrim (the crossover sled that rules over here). Except for that I can not really see the reason why so many people are excited. This thing is nothing but a base-model FX Nytro with longer track. What is so sensational about that...?
It is still using the ski desing that does not steer. It is still using the 1.25" Ripsaw pattern that is known to be useless in anything but hardpack. And it is still delivered without extroverts and this time together with a rear suspension design that is not known to help ratcheting...

I am a Yamaha fan since many years, but based only on the ski and track choice, I am afraid that this thing is just going to embarras itself in true crossover and off-trail comparisons (especially compared to the XTrim).

Well, easy fix with aftermarket parts. But it would be nice to be able to buy at least one new Yamaha that does not need new skis, new track and BRP extroverts to be competitive...

I am sorry if this sounds bitchy, but this is just my impression.

Just relax Alatalo, some people just don't understand constructive crticism... And they don't pay half as much for these sleds, so they can mod the heck out of them, and still pay less then us. I guess if we don't have the same opinion as them, we must be wrong, and every sled Yammie builds must be the greates ever???

I hope Yammie has the rest of the lineup perfect, or we will have this whole coversation all over again... LOL

Even if it takes a new track, new skis and BRP extroverts I will get one, this is what I've been waiting for since I longtracked my SRX in 2002.
So it's time to replace my viper mountain. Just hope that Yamaha change the settings for scandinavia and going with a 1,5" or 1,75" track. Besides I already has a pair of mountain skis on my viper that I can use.

It almost sounds like a lot of people are missing the point. It is a crossover. If you want a trail burner the RTX is for you, If you want a Mountain sled the MTX is for you. I think it was needed to fill a hole in the line up. If you think about it, it should bridge bumps better than a 136, handle better than a 136, be better in the deep snow than a 136, doesn't that sound like a good idea?
I don't really know if it was Yamaha or Us that Hyped this up. I certainly didn't stay up until 3 am and I'm not disappointed. The XTX is a needed addition to the line. Now Yamaha can direct all their attention to the Apex replacement.

;)!

06RSRAGE Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It almost sounds like a lot of people are missing the point. It is a crossover. If you want a trail burner the RTX is for you, If you want a Mountain sled the MTX is for you. I think it was needed to fill a hole in the line up. If you think about it, it should bridge bumps better than a 136, handle better than a 136, be better in the deep snow than a 136, doesn't that sound like a good idea?
I don't really know if it was Yamaha or Us that Hyped this up. I certainly didn't stay up until 3 am and I'm not disappointed. The XTX is a needed addition to the line. Now Yamaha can direct all their attention to the Apex replacement.

I agree with your post, my opion of a crossover sled, is one that spends most of it's time on groomed trail, with the occasional playing in the powder IMO. I was kind of confused at the release of this sled now, but I gotta tell ya this sled is really starting to grow on me, it fills a hole in their line-up, that needed to be filled to compete with the Renegade, or the Switchback. Might be my choice this spring depending on what they do with the Apex LTX. ;)!

sobfrogg said:
No money does not grow on a tree but I place a very high value on my free time.

Exactly the way I feel, well said :Rockon:

Thank you for the support RSV, but for me it is not really a question about money. I have already installed some serious aftermarket parts on my RTX 40th and the sad thing is that most of these parts are needed to sort out some very basic functions for my type of riding. Though, I am not trying to bitch about this and I am also not very stressed about this. I seem to remember that I did exactly the same thing also with my Viper, RX-1 and RX Warrior (Attak), so by now I should really know that the route with the XTX will not be very different...

So, I am not very concerned about myself. However, I am much more concerned about the big group of snowmobilers that want to ride their sled the way it is delivered. The kind of customer that is not interested in stripping down a brand new snowmobile because he need to replace some of the key components just to make it perform in his type of riding. Even if the XTX is a proper 144", I think some Yamaha dealers will get a #*$&@ fight trying to convince customers to go with the 1.25" Ripsaw when they can get proper 1.5" and 1.75" crossover options from BRP. And which way do you think the snowmobile journalists will test the XTX...? Possibly off-trail with the 1.25" Ripsaw versus the above mentioned options from BRP...?

It is also clear that the definition of "crossover" is very different depending on who you are asking. My definition is a sled that is capable of performing 50% on-trail and 50% off-trail (more on-trail percentage would be "trail versatility" according to Yamaha and more off-trail percentage would be "mountain" according to Yamaha...?). If this is the case, then I am sorry for the "non-modifying" XTX customer because the ski and the Ripsaw will just not perform on anything but very hard trails...

Alatalo said:
woolyviper said:
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little babys crying like you got the wrong present on christmas day.
rightarm said:
Alot of you guy's complaining about what Yamaha should have done and shouldn't of done sound like "BITCHY WIVES THAT DIDN'T GET FLOWERS OR CANDY FOR VALENTINES!"Go get laid or jerk off or something I'am sick of your whinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They came out with something that alot of people wanted.

I am sorry if my previous post sounds bitchy, but the topic is called "what do you think", right...?

I think 144" is the best choice for a true crossover sled. :Rockon: Anyone in doubt should test ride the Lynx XTrim (the crossover sled that rules over here). :-o Since we don't recently import the"true crossover"as you state,it rules that out! :tg: "The only "LNYX "part of that sled is the "rear suspension no?"the rest of it is "BRP"no?

Except for that I can not really see the reason why so many people are excited. :drink: This thing is nothing but a base-model FX Nytro with longer track. What is so sensational about that...? :o| Maybe you didn't view the "web page correctly"or maybe you are :drink: !

It is still using the ski desing that does not steer."Aftermarket please see advertisement" ;)! It is still using the 1.25" Ripsaw pattern that is known to be useless in anything but hardpack"Aftermarket please see advertisement". ;)! And it is still delivered without extroverts"Aftermarket please see advertisement" ;)! and this time together with a rear suspension design that is not known to help ratcheting...Would that be in a "144" or are you just "speculating" ;):D

I am a Yamaha fan since many years, #$%&* but based only on the ski and track choice, :drink: I am afraid that this thing is just going to embarras itself in true crossover and off-trail comparisons :-o (especially compared to the XTrim).

Well, easy fix with aftermarket parts." ;)! :jump: But it would be nice to be able to buy at least one new Yamaha that does not need new skis, new track and BRP extroverts to be competitive... :drink: :drink: ;)!
Yeah because the "LYNX" is so competitive in the rest of the world right? ;):D

GIMME SNOW said:
Post subject:

I agree with your post, my opion of a crossover sled, is one that spends most of it's time on groomed trail, with the occasional playing in the powder IMO. I was kind of confused at the release of this sled now, but I gotta tell ya this sled is really starting to grow on me, it fills a hole in their line-up, that needed to be filled to compete with the Renegade, or the Switchback. Might be my choice this spring depending on what they do with the Apex LTX. ;)!

GS
The reason it was released now is that the XTX is just enough to steal the "thunder" from the Doo 1200. And don't you know you never show your whole hand until the end of the game.

;)!

RSV said:
Just relax Alatalo, some people just don't understand constructive crticism... :o| You must wear the pant's in the relationship RSV. LaLaLa

And they don't pay half as much for these sleds, :moon: I mean if the "LNYX " is so great why aren't youone,probably "cheaper"too.

:drink: so they can mod the heck out of them, and still pay less then us. I guess if we don't have the same opinion as them, we must be wrong, and every sled Yammie builds must be the greates ever???

I hope Yammie has the rest of the lineup perfect, or we will have this whole coversation all over again... LOL
:jump: ;):D

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH..... I'm ordering mine Monday. It's a CROSSOVER sled! Think about what it is intended to do! Nobody has even ridden one yet. Man, you guys are a buzz kill! :drink:

Back