• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

rightarm said:
RSV said:
Just relax Alatalo, some people just don't understand constructive crticism... :o| You must wear the pant's in the relationship RSV. LaLaLa

And they don't pay half as much for these sleds, :moon: I mean if the "LNYX " is so great why aren't youone,probably "cheaper"too.

:drink: so they can mod the heck out of them, and still pay less then us. I guess if we don't have the same opinion as them, we must be wrong, and every sled Yammie builds must be the greates ever???

I hope Yammie has the rest of the lineup perfect, or we will have this whole coversation all over again... LOL
:jump: ;):D
:tg: Nice edit... LOL, you crack me up! :rofl:

"Yeah because the "LYNX" is so competitive in the rest of the world right?"

rigtharm, You should be happy that BRP don't sell Lynx in America cause it would meen that both Ski-Doo and Yamaha would loose a big market share. They probably know that and they don't have the guts to do it.

I have a friend that works at my Yamaha dealer and if that wasn't the case I would probably ride a Lynx X-trim, they rock.

From a Yamaha point of view this is the first and only real crossover sled they ever done, I just wish that they will use a real crossover track when it comes to Sweden, and even mountin skis would be great. But the magazines will defenitely compare it to the X-trim in their reviews and it will give the xtx a good run for the money.

All that aside, I've already ordered a XTX :Rockon:

This stuff is all :ot:

I'm pissed because I want one. Now I have to dream up a way to lessen the effects of getting reamed $3,000+ dollars trying to find a way to buy one so the wife doesn't divorse me.

This new XTX looks like a great sled.

Yamaha has been missing a decent crossover for years. With the extra low end torque and weight of the 4-strokes, a 136" crossover simply can't keep up with the competition in deep snow. This sled will keep up, do it very well and should truly make an ultimate crossover.

The one and only real issue I have, and this is a big issue, is the ridiculously small gas tank.

This sled would be the ultimate sled for riding the ungroomed logging roads all over Quebec - except breaking trail it will only get something like 60 miles to a tank and the fuel stops are typically 100+ miles apart.

I'd like to see an XTX version of the Apex be available also. Hopefully Yamaha will standardize and make available the basic sled, an ER (reverse), an RTX (rough trail extreme - beefed up suspension and valved very stiff), LTX (long track - 136"), the XTX (extra long track - 144") and the MTX (mountain - 151" or longer).

At least with the Nytro line aftermarket parts are available to truly make this the ultimate crossover. Take the XTX, add the oversized trail tank, add the tourbuddy tank, install Skidoo anti-ratchet sprockets, install a large windshield, and install more of a crossover type of track and this would be it.

OneBadWarrior said:
BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH..... I'm ordering mine Monday. It's a CROSSOVER sled! Think about what it is intended to do! Nobody has even ridden one yet. Man, you guys are a buzz kill! :drink:

If people are a buzz kill then you are not drinking fast enough!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

ReX said:
This sled would be the ultimate sled for riding the ungroomed logging roads all over Quebec - except breaking trail it will only get something like 60 miles to a tank and the fuel stops are typically 100+ miles apart.

I'm trying to get the lowdown on this in the FX Nytro General forum in a poll. If you have personal experience, please feel free to post there.

I think its going to be a great sled. Not off the showroom floor but aftermarket accessories will help it out. I just hope that NO ONE expects the results from yamahas videos. Anyone dare to tell me that those video results were not highly exaggerated? Kind of embarassing isnt it? I would expect that from other manu not Yamaha. Makes me wonder the direction they are going? I was one of those bitchin last year when no crossover in the lineup, I just think to many questions on the nytro still. If not, why all the videos and the overhype on the crossover sled. Its not like this is some huge new market to sleds? I was so looking forward to the snow check this spring. Nothing wrong with waiting a year though!!

This sled is sweet..thats a great idea 136 is not enough if you wanna hang with the big boys in the mountains...if the most complaints about this sled are track, skis, and 1 mile an hour difference..heck i think they made the perfect sled... most agressive riders change the track right off the bat..they also put after market skis on right away... unless your ice racing or lake rider 130hp geared down is plenty how often do you go over 80 on the trails..NEVER....O yah one more issue weight it weighs to much... well the new firecats weigh about the same obviously weight is not much of an issue anymore..These sleds are so easy to shed weight jut remove the car muffler they come with and your good for about 20lbs... Hats off to yamaha for finally creating a sled that meets the needs of the majority of the buyers in the market.The first sled in any market that you can ride on the trail on friday. lake ride on saturday.. mountain ride on sunday and take it to the track on monday!!

Crewchief47 said:
ReX said:

I'm trying to get the lowdown on this in the FX Nytro General forum in a poll. If you have personal experience, please feel free to post there.

No personal experience with the Nytro or XTX, bit I have lots of experience demonstrating that in deep snow, while trail breaking that the fuel economy usually is cut in half. This includes riding sleds with a 144" track (Polaris crossover - although admittedly this sled's fuel economy wasn't hit as hard as a 121" or 136" sled). I've ridden a lot of these ungroomed Quebec trails over the years and whitnessed many empty gas tanks...

BTW, I don't personally ride these trails all that often, but usually once or twice per season I hook up with a bunch of guys riding crossover sleds (not one Yamaha in the group). Their whole sledding concept is riding these ungroomed Quebec logging trails and they ride them all season long. The snow is always deep, there are often very big bumps, and it is on these trails that the crossover sleds dominate (even over the few mountain sleds that I've ridden with). Due to the nature of how crossover sleds are used, they always need more fuel capacity than your typical trail sled. Most of the crossover guys I rode with last season carried extra gas with them.

I have 2 on our to be ordered list. We are moving our riding base from Wisconsin to the Southern California mountains and really didn't want a full mountain sled.
I will put a track and skis on it if need be.

Back