• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Phazer oil pumps

npaganucci

Has anyone had a problem with the oil pump failing on the 09 Phazer. My brother has on 09 MTX and his oil pump failed. Brought it in to the dealer and they are changing the engine under warranty as it is shot. The dealer had another 09 in the shop with the same problem. The dealer said the oil pump had been changed in 09 from previous models. I've got an 09 RTX and I'm a little worried now.

The oil pump failed in my 07. I'm sure its not a common occurrence. Most people speak of the longevity of that great little engine.

The oil pump Part Number is the same from 07 to 09 which is 8GC-13300-00-00 so I am thinking that there is not a reason for concern as there are some 07's with LOTS of miles on them. If they had a problem with the pump it would have been updated and thus the part number would have changed. So relax and ride ;)!

I've learned that if you see a negative post about a yamaha, you have to do a couple of things, first off you deduct 10 from the post count and if it is a negative number remaining, then you have a troll. The next thing is you go to dootalk and look for the same username and if you find it, you have a troll. Now, I could be wrong, but if your first post is my bro's yamaha 4-stroke blew I'm kind of skeptical.

Yup.Only thing I have heard related is from folks or even dealers not changing the oil correctly and getting air in system.

Some have assumed oil goes into motor and tank or overfilled the tank when adding oil after a change.Either one of those can cause air to get in the system and pump wont pump.Light should come on though.Worst case is you take the bleed screw out like manual says or one guy had to start over filling oil like manual says.In the tank and only half then start it and put rest in to mark.If this oil pump failure occured right after oil change you can bet that was the issue.

you drain the motor and the tank. put 1.5 qts in the tank, start it and then fill it to the H mark. Just read the manual for the first time.

Woolyviper, your right I do have a dootalk account with plenty of post becasue the shi@@y Ski-doo always breaks down. That's why I went out and bought a brand new Phazer. I've enjoyed every one of the 1395 km's I've put on it so far, but got alittle worried about what happened to my brother's MTX. I just though I'd feel out if this was a common problem or some one in a million failure.

I'm not sure if the oil light was on or if there was a fault code. It happend around 4000k. 3000k after the first oil change. So I don't think the oil change was the problem.

Back