• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 prices canada

Daranello said:
Riceburner said:
$11,300 -$9,050 is over $3,000. ????????????

New Math?

LMFAO.....wWOW ....must be all that Canadian :drink: im drinking eh!!

Yeah we pay more for the Hooch too but our beer is worth the extra $.

:rofl:

Grimm said:
Whoops, sorry I misread your post saying that it included tax. My bad.

What dealer did you get a price quote of $12600 then? That makes the price at $11200 before taxes...hmmm.

a dealer near my house in the greater mtl area quoted me that..if your interested pm me and il give you the name

Turk...just admit it, buying in Canada is a huge loss of money from OUR pocket.
From what I hear Yamaha's don't need the constant dealer trips for repairs (warrenty) like the new Doos do :4STroke: , a 30-40-50 min car ride across the border isn't so bad, won't cost that much in fuel and it makes a point to Yamaha Canada that informed consumers are not willing to be ripped off.
I can see if you live in the northern area of Canada and it's not a resonable drive you end up getting ripped off but for those that live close....the math is simple.

Is that better??? ;)!

ChubbyFF

I edited your post. Nobody is dumb or stupid for buying in Canada. Last time I checked, people are free to do whatever is best for them.

And it is not just Y that is stickin it ......... to peoples a$$es as you put it, the tread points out that SkiDoo and others are doing it as well.

Keep it at an intelligent level of conversation please

Aaron Eh said:
apltx08 said:
Check this out...maybe this will help us CANUCKS GULP UP the $$$ difference!

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

That's unfortunate but how does it relate to snowmobile pricing?

Some people actually think our canadian health care is free and that is why all our prices here in Canada are higher (to pay for our health care), some are unaware that our higher income tax along with GST and PST is what ends up paying for our "FREE" health care.

Apex18 said:
Did anyone notice the snowchecking incentive on yamaha canada? It's pretty good, not as good as it should be but instead of that 700 dollar yamaha bucks they usually give its up to $1300.00 instant bonus, free jacket, 2 years extended warrenty. It should be more like 3,500 instant bonus but it's a start i guess, still not buying a new 09 though, i'm not getting ripped off.
I don't know where you guys ae getting $3-4K in savings on new sleds?
In Michigan they will sell me a new RTXSE for $10,250 + PDI of $200 + $200 to get it aback across the border + 13% CDN sales tax + 6% Mi. sales tax
= $12376
Just bought one for $13600 OTD taxes and everything else in including the $1200 Yamaha gives back. That is a savings of $1224. It still is a lot of money to be saved, but what really pisses me off is that we only get a three year warranty, when the US gets a 4 yr for less money. WTF. For $1200 bucks it is a pain in the #*$&@ for me to drive to Mi. to get it serviced under warranty and I live 25 min from the US. Just my 2cents,

Daddy said:
Apex18 said:
Did anyone notice the snowchecking incentive on yamaha canada? It's pretty good, not as good as it should be but instead of that 700 dollar yamaha bucks they usually give its up to $1300.00 instant bonus, free jacket, 2 years extended warrenty. It should be more like 3,500 instant bonus but it's a start i guess, still not buying a new 09 though, i'm not getting ripped off.
In Michigan they will sell me a new RTXSE for $10,250 + PDI of $200 + $200 to get it aback across the border + 13% CDN sales tax + 6% Mi. sales tax
= $12376
Just bought one for $13600 OTD taxes and everything else in including the $1200 Yamaha gives back. That is a savings of $1224. It still is a lot of money to be saved, but what really pisses me off is that we only get a three year warranty, when the US gets a 4 yr for less money. WTF. For $1200 bucks it is a pain in the #*$&@ for me to drive to Mi. to get it serviced under warranty and I live 25 min from the US. Just my 2cents,

So you payed approx $13,000 - $1200.00 + tax? = $13,600

So If I have to pay $10,250 + $200(pdi) + 13% = 11,808 +219 (riv) = $12.027, I won't have to pay state tax in NY, I guess it's different in Michigan.

$1573.00 difference...FOR THE SAME SLED!!!!!!...PLEASE TELL ME WHY.
and you still get the extra year warrenty in the US and I wasn't sure if you were still going to get the $600.00 in accessories?

Even worse is seeing guys paying alot less then the $10,250 that you were quoted, I will see if I can find the post and copy it here.

Here is one http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=57294

Apex18 said:
= $12376

you can get a the RTXSE $9243.00 Port Yamaha, you DON"t have to pay state tax as a Canuc add the $200 RVI fee and you ack in Canada under $10k then pay PST and GST......

your on the snow in Canada Licence for about $10,500 OTD taxes and all|

vs. what $13k-14k OTD Canadian.....I don't even bother looking anymore???

I see a savings of over $3000 still!!!

Daranello said:
Apex18 said:
= $12376

you can get a the RTXSE $9243.00 Port Yamaha, you DON"t have to pay state tax as a Canuc add the $200 RVI fee and you ack in Canada under $10k then pay PST and GST......

your on the snow in Canada Licence for about $10,500 OTD taxes and all|

vs. what $13k-14k OTD Canadian.....I don't even bother looking anymore???

I think someone may be mad when the see the real savings.

Back