• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1 3/8 Track

kingedwards99

Expert
inch and 3/8 Track anyone try one on there track? does it rub or anything, did you have to modify anything? How do you like it?

if i dont buy a new sled next year i am going to get a new track, i want more than a 1.25 but dont want to loose the top end with the 1.5. who makes a 1 3/8" track?

Camoplast Cobra 1 3/8", i cant see any problem running this track. My buddy has one on his F8 and it works better than the Ripsaw in most cases and alot better in powder, this will be my next track.

Later.

the Cobra is really a 1.25 with "knobs" that make it closer to 1 3/8" but those knobs wear quickly.

The Cobra is leaps and bound better then the Ripsaw (so I hear) but it is NOT a true 1 3/8" track.

What I want to know is how Camoplast could sell the tooling or rights or whatever to Arctic Cat for the 1.5 Cobra. That track would sell like hot cakes!

I have the Cobra with about 1500 miles on it and the knobs haven't worn. It is much better in the powder than the 1.25" and doesn't give up top end like a 1.5". It may be the best mod made to my sled.

I have about 500 miles now on the cobra and it is way way better in powder and loose snow conditions, and I can't say that it is any worse on the hard pack either. It is definitely a worthy replacement for the ripsaw.

If you are looking for a 121" track that is 1 3/8 there is only 1 that I know of and that is the track off a arctic cat sno pro 900. 15 x 121 x 1 3/8" and that is a good track. I would have bought one of them over the cobra but I dont think they make them in a 136" length.

You can find them on ebay for about $450

I dont think it really has a name since it was just a track made for arctic cat I believe. Kinda like a oem track i guess.

But the lugs and the design look alot like a firecat sno pro track and those are tough tracks, a couple buddies have them and they are impressive.

sleddingfarmer said:
I have about 500 miles now on the cobra and it is way way better in powder and loose snow conditions, and I can't say that it is any worse on the hard pack either. It is definitely a worthy replacement for the ripsaw.

If you are looking for a 121" track that is 1 3/8 there is only 1 that I know of and that is the track off a arctic cat sno pro 900. 15 x 121 x 1 3/8" and that is a good track. I would have bought one of them over the cobra but I dont think they make them in a 136" length.

This is the one i have! I bought it at haydays and just now put it on, the reason i'm asking about this track is because it sits aproximatley 1/2 to 1/4 inch from the protectors on the cooler, Will this be ok? Are the ones on the cobra cut out already? how is this track on the trail? is it noisy or can you feel it? Thanks for the info.

kingedwards99 said:
sleddingfarmer said:

This is the one i have! I bought it at haydays and just now put it on, the reason i'm asking about this track is because it sits aproximatley 1/2 to 1/4 inch from the protectors on the cooler, Will this be ok? Are the ones on the cobra cut out already? how is this track on the trail? is it noisy or can you feel it? Thanks for the info.

No clearance issues. You're going to like it! Have about 4000 on my Cobra shortie and it looks really good. No tears, missing lugs or cause for concern anywhere. Not running any studs.

Back