• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 with skid relocate

dremmick

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
For some reason I got the itch to extend my nytro. I want to install a star suspension skid relocate kit and a 128 rail extension to make it a 136. Im a trail rider and go off trail as much as possible. I just want some more traction in the pow and bridge the bumbs better on the trail. My current track is an 1.5 intense but I can get a really nice older polaris 136 1.5 paddle track from my friend for next to nothing. Is it going to be worth it or am i wasting my time?

i did rail extentions to 136 and it is better in every way. Do it is what i say.

I went to a 128" Ice attack with the relocate. It made a huge difference on the rough trails and also did well in the little bit of deep stuff that I occasionally come across. I don't think there's any chance you'd be disappointed.

After a center shock failure that took out my 128 Ice Attack track I decided to go to a 136" Ice Attack with the previously installed Star Suspension skid relocate. The Tracks USA extension and track kit arrived and the installation has begun.
128" relocate to 136" extension

Star 128" with Ice Attack track

136" Tracks USA tunnel extension installed

looks sweet and can't wait to hear if you like it or not....My 128 relocation kit just came in yesterday, but I won't be installing until the summer and can't decided if I want 128 or go to the 136

I went to a 136 with the relocation kit. It bridges the bumps better than the 121. The 136 feels like a 121 length. Off trail was significantly improved. The only complaint I have is wieght transfer but i will have to adjust my limiter straps.

I've heard about a few guys removing the transfer blocks and relocating them by drilling new holes toward the rear of the rail. I'm not big on lifting the skis 3 feet off the trail but sometimes a little ski lift is needed to get over junk. I'm also adding an Ohlins center shock so when I get it back together I'll see what I have and adjust from there.

Rail extension are done. Not to bad other than drilling out the 8 rivets holding the adjusters on and a little bit of filing to fit the extensions to the rail. I guess it's time to "Attack" the track.

When I removed the chain case side drive bearing to install the new track the gear lube behind the outer seal and bearing looked a little milky. The outer seal must have been leaking so I picked up a new one today. I'm surprised that the drive bearing is sealed on both sides along with the outer shaft seal. The bearing seals are designed more for grease so they must let just enough gear lube seep by to keep the rollers lubed. I thought I read somewhere that others have poke a couple holes in the bearing seal.

Attachments

• drive bearing (478x640).jpg
    drive bearing (478x640).jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 133
had the same issue when I did mine this fall

I thought it was going to open on the chain case side, but it wasn't

Grizz, while you're doing this, what are you going to do about the driveshaft bolt? Are you running boltless, did you machine a spacer, or are you just running the stock bolt and hoping it doesn't break?

When I installed the 128" track I found the bolt was broke so I drilled it out and replaced it with a better quality bolt. After approximately 3,000 miles It's still holding up.

I'm curious about the driveshaft bolt comment? I have the same kit installed as grizz and love it I just am in the dark about the bolt comment. Is this a issue?

Back