• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 vs 16 rtx le

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Sr Viper RTX LE
I have a friend that is in the market for a Viper, he asked me to post a quick question if you don't mind answering it. What is the main difference between the Rtx LE 15 and 16 versions. He found a brand-new leftover 2016 rtx le for 11340.00 otd do you think that price is good I told him I'm not really sure it does not sound that great but he found a used 15 same sled 1500 miles 9100 what do you guys think what would you do? By the way the 15 is the orange one with the 1.7 track

The 15 rtx le in orange didn't come with the 1.7 in track. Do you get any warranty with either one? On my 15 le since I spring ordered it came with a 5 year warranty. Also the shocks are different, 15 should be evols and the 16 should be coil overs. Both would be good sleds as long as he doesn't mind not having real good top speed. The prices might be a little high, but then again, we are in the beginning of the season.

He said top speed is no big deal, he asked would it beat a 600 and keep up with an 800 in 1000ft? I told him yes, because my Viper will smoke a 600 2 smoke in a 1000 feet and I can beat an 800 E-Tec by two sleds in a thousand feet. But I also have studs clutch kit and the MBRP race can as well as a cold air intake.Stock, 00I told him you will still beat a 600 no matter how long the races and if you can keep the race to around 500 feet I don't know if you will beat the 800 but you will be around the 800

500 ft it will beat a 600. Probably a 800. 1000 ft a 800 will easily walk on by and a 600 probably will also. 1000ft is a long race which this LE was not designed for in 15. Think SnoCross.

Last edited:
After I posted it I've realized we were not talking a thousand feet we were talking 660 feet he was watching local snow drags so that's why he has 660 on his mind

660 is pushing it. 3-500 the 15-16le is incredible acceleration and traction on snow. Contender with any stock sled for sure. After that they all will catch up.

Yeah, I am not sure but did you own a Nitro? I'm not sure about the later years of the Nitro but I bought one and the winter of 08 brand new so I had an 08 RTX and nothing accelerated so fast it would rip your arms off well it felt like it was trying to does the Viper hit as hard as the Nytro did off the line in your opinion?

Yeah, I am not sure but did you own a Nitro? I'm not sure about the later years of the Nitro but I bought one and the winter of 08 brand new so I had an 08 RTX and nothing accelerated so fast it would rip your arms off well it felt like it was trying to does the Viper hit as hard as the Nytro did off the line in your opinion?
I have been beat and did the beating on a few Nytro's. It all depends. I think the Nytro stock or bolt on feel faster than they actually are because of seating position and poor handling in the bumps. When in fact the are about same as Viper in a actual race.

orange and blue has higher gearing then the blue and white 15 (21/49) and blue and white came with 1.7 orange and blue had 1.25 track. Cannondale27 is right think of a snow cross sled when looking at this model, i had 05 440sno pro with a f7 motor before this machine and it got that same feel especially because I put c&a xt on it. They are exactly the same as a 7000 rr with the beefed up skid, the only difference i know of between 15 and 16 is that the blue and white 1.7 model got discontinued and the 16 is the same as a orange and blue. i can tell you blue/white will run out of steam before 90mph but you will always has a blast getting to 90 lol you wont wear out many carbides lol

orange and blue has higher gearing then the blue and white 15 (21/49) and blue and white came with 1.7 orange and blue had 1.25 track. Cannondale27 is right think of a snow cross sled when looking at this model, i had 05 440sno pro with a f7 motor before this machine and it got that same feel especially because I put c&a xt on it. They are exactly the same as a 7000 rr with the beefed up skid, the only difference i know of between 15 and 16 is that the blue and white 1.7 model got discontinued and the 16 is the same as a orange and blue. i can tell you blue/white will run out of steam before 90mph but you will always has a blast getting to 90 lol you wont wear out many carbides lol
Thanks Jeff. Is hard to keep track. All my comments were geared toward the Blue and white15 which I have ridden and rode with one. I forgot about the 14.5 Orange and Blue. Did not know the 16 lost the low gearing. I agree on the FUN factor. Honestly that 15 of TD's scared the crap out of me. Just wasn't expecting to see the sky so quickly! Have always tried to get him to run some short drags. Has to kill if snow!

A lot of my friends were surprised with the sled too when I first got it. This year I am running a stage 1 mpi setup with pcv, race muffler, 24/29 gears, and header with everything tuned by allen ulmer. We had a bit of snow last week so I got to do some testing and it has some serious pull, as long as you wanted to wheelie it would stay straight up in the air. I had a job to do any top end runs because it would accelerate so fast that if I were looking at the gauges then I would have went into the trees lol

I absolutely love that skid in the true RR's and LE's also. That should be a big factor in a buying decision too.

A lot of my friends were surprised with the sled too when I first got it. This year I am running a stage 1 mpi setup with pcv, race muffler, 24/29 gears, and header with everything tuned by allen ulmer. We had a bit of snow last week so I got to do some testing and it has some serious pull, as long as you wanted to wheelie it would stay straight up in the air. I had a job to do any top end runs because it would accelerate so fast that if I were looking at the gauges then I would have went into the trees lol
Sounds like you are going to have a exciting season once snow gets going! Wish everyone could ride a sled setup like that just once. It does forever stick in your head as a goal! Boosted Nytros Turbo and some others was same type of thing but speed was much greater and it never stopped. You are going to be in for a treat!

Back