• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 viper problems?

Cfpdscott

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha viper Rtx-se
Haven't seen much out there on the '16 model year vipers. Are they still having some of the known issues from the previous years such as the starting issue? How are the new fox clicker shocks?

I have a 16 with the MPI turbo. Only issues I have had are related to my specific model. I have an XTX LE and the Evol chamber would hit the idler wheel in the skid. This was corrected with HyGear end cap ($89). The Arctic Cat/Yamaha solution was to remove the idler wheels. This would work but I wanted the wheels. The only other issue I have had was that the skid was mounted in the wrong holes from the factory. Ten minute fix.

My rods have not imploded after almost 3500 km of "spirited" riding both at 11,000' in Grand Mesa and at 750' here in Manitoba.

No starter issues, no cold start, no broken welds that I have found so over all my experience has been very satisfactory.

have no issues with 2016 mtx . only issue sraightline silencer burned hole in side panel when I TIPPED IT out in west yellow stone.

I also has a 16 xtx with no issues but the ones stated above. I have 2400 miles on mine.

Was just discussing this with my dealer. We agreed the 16's have a lot of minor improvements over the 14 and 15. Fit and finish is somewhat better, shocks are a huge improvement. Seems to start pretty well but still not a very good idle. Some improvements in ride and handling, not exactly sure what was done to springs and shocks, Yamaha never tells. Starter has been updated. There are issues with some rods in the motor, not all rods are bad and it only seems to affect the turbo kits, and only some of those. Also some issues with alignment of the drivers in the track but does not seem to be a major issue. If we had some snow I could offer more but so far this year we have gotten 10 in.

I have a chain case leaking. Still working on fixes for it.

Back