• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

19 or 20 tooth top sprocket

poor farmer/logger

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper XTX 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Debating over a question that has been asked before but hoping to get some opinions of people that have tried both. I used to ride mostly around home in open fields with snow anywhere from a foot to 5 feet deep depending on the season and the time of year. Lately I've been doing a little bit more trail riding but still do a lot of off trail touring as well. For the last 5 winters I've riden my sled in stock form with the exception of a 1.75" backcountry track. With the deeper snow we've been getting I can't help but think dropping to a 20 tooth or even a 19 wouldn't be a bad idea.

There's two things I'm hoping to accomplish in doing this. #1 is improve belt life and #2 is to make it handle better in the deeper snow. I find it a little bit hard to get up on top sometimes and I can't help but think a little lower gearing couldn't hurt.

I ride fairly fast but 100 mph speed isn't a concern of mine. I don't want to be screaming wide open just to make it to 80 mph either though.

Any thoughts and help are appreciated.

Had mine with a 20 tooth in it and it does make a difference.

Not sure what part of sask your in but I got the 20 tooth sitting in my tool box right now....it can be yours for next to nothing if you wanted to try it.

Thanks for the info I'm from Half way between Prince Albert and Melfort. I'd definitely be interested if the logistics work.

Back