• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New belt squealing 08 Nytro

Skiduty

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro, 03 MXZ 600, 02 MXZ 500F, 05 600SDI
Hello people, I can do a little more research and probably find the answer but thought it would be easier to ask. I put a new belt on my 08 Nytro Fx and it has been squealing since. I have drove it roughly 20 kilometers since hoping it would stretch a little and stop but it hasn’t. I looked into a little bit and if I remember correctly, there are 3 screws in the backside of the secondary? That I can take out and either remove or add washers to, to open the secondary up a bit? Is this correct? I also had the secondary off to clean and grease the jack shaft and driveshaft bearings but I’m positive I put everything back the way it was. I also found that the primary sheaves were just a little warmer than they should be, I think, they were a little warmer than my ski Doo 500F anyways. Am I on the right track with the washers on the back of the secondary?

Yes you are. Need to open the secondary a bit for the new belt.

The tips of those bolts wear down.
Replace them or remove the washers.

Back