• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1997 700 Vmax tripple

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
I know this is something for the TY forum but I can't seems to register or get on there with my current user name I have a quick question my sled runs great has 23000km's on it just recently started to sound flooded when I decelerate to idle and try to get on the throttle again. Seems to do it more so when touching the brakes. I heard it could be a bad stator? It seems to be electrical. Can anyone help me out? I am also looking to upgrade the suspension on it and give it a few updates to run it on the trail next season. I love the sled and I am attached to it so gonna put some money into it. Any suggestions?

Look into the stator. The 97s have been known to have weak stators. Check this thread for specs.
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/show ... ator+specs

When my stators would on their way out the sled was hard to start. Also check the sparkplug caps.
Unscrew them and use an ohmmeter on connected to each side of the cap. A good cap will read 5k ohms.

Also make sure the reeds are in good shape and carbs passages are clean.

As far as the skid goes, you can long travel it with Viper shocks. Makes a vast improvement over the short travel shocks.

Try starting it warm. If you really have give the cord a good rip to get started i would think its the stator. Mine went out my 97. It also was down on power and didnt run very good.

23000mi on mine and ive never had this problem. On the suspension side i got some rydefx shocks on the front, long traveled shocks in the rear skid with spring spacers and cbperformance drop brackets to raise the rear end up with the front.

I put pioneer performance long travel kit on my 01 srx, was one of the best up grades I did to that sled and uses all Yamaha parts.

Put a polaris extra-10 suspension under it, then you can really get it to handle well, and absorb the bumps. I did it on my 01 SX-R, and its great. Kinda a low-rider tho haha!

Could this also happen on an 05' Vector? Mine kinda does something like that but not all the time. It does start poorly. Over the past two years starting it has gotten worse. It doesn't "spring on" like it used too.

Cena your fuel screws need to be set to 2 turns out their probly out of adjustment did this on my dads sled and it came back to life

Back