• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st Oil Change, how to,,,,,

hlmrx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I now have 1200kms on my new Apex RTX-T, and figure I should change oil and filter now the season is pretty much done, is this how you get the filter off???????

Attachments

• P3180039small.JPG
    P3180039small.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 118

That's the way. Now you need to go into the dealer and ask for the 'oil filter assembly', I think its about $1200.00. Pricey yes, but you won't have to do it abain for 3000KMS.

Wow, i have no idea what you did there. I think most people just unscrew the oil filter lol, it's on there good but that's how you do it, just like you would on your vehicle.

lakercr said:
That's the way. Now you need to go into the dealer and ask for the 'oil filter assembly', I think its about $1200.00. Pricey yes, but you won't have to do it abain for 3000KMS.

Thanks for the help and instructions Jim, now how about some help in putting it back together. No wonder these oil changes are so expensive, lol.

I was thinking it might be more entertaining to watch you put the whole thing back together and then give you the thumbs-up/down on if you did it right.

Shouldn't take more than 6-7 tries, using my build post would be considered cheating.

Sound like fun?

Why take the filter off, just grab the shop vac clean it out and you are good for a couple more thousand miles...

Thats funny stuff...@ this point I usually just flipp it over and give it a good twist!

HLMRX1
I started a post a while back asking if anyone had weighed the 4 holer and 3 holer(vector)to see how they compare.
maybe if you think of it before reinstalling it, let me know .

snoway said:
Thats funny stuff...@ this point I usually just flipp it over and give it a good twist!

HLMRX1
I started a post a while back asking if anyone had weighed the 4 holer and 3 holer(vector)to see how they compare.
maybe if you think of it before reinstalling it, let me know .

Don is probably a buck fifty soaking wet (with earring). I think my bathroom scale would read about 265 with his skinny azz (and the complete motor) on it buck nekked.

The mental image is troubling to say the least. What Don does with his engine behind closed doors is his business, but I can't have this type of stuff going on in my shop.

Sorry...could you put the engines on the SAME bathroom scale an let me know how they compare.
Yes, If you don't have one laying around, i want you too pull a 3cyl. just so you can get an accurate wt.on the same bathroom scale!!!! Is that too much to ask?
Thanks!

I will give you a weight of a 3 cylinder later this week as I have one showing up in a crate for a project sled.

Back