• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st oil change

Okay, my dealer can't find an oil filter wrench for the Phazer's made by Yamaha.

Does anyone have a Yamaha Part Number?

Sears.com won't ship to Canada, and Sears.ca doesn't stock the craftsmen wrench, and will not get it from the U.S. for me.

Any help appreciated.

Contact Port Yamaha, they can get a after market wrench, that goes over the filter and uses a wrench or a ratchet, I think they are around $10 or $15, these filters are the same as on a Rapter if I am not mistaken.

seanmurphy26 said:
i got a kn147 filter for 15$ shipped is that a good deal for this filter? thanks

i get the kn147 for $10.00, the filter is great, comes with the 17mm nut welded to the top, real easy to take off

Srxspec said:
We are hope to have our Phazer oil filter relocation kit finished up very soon. This will require removing nothing to change the oil filter!

Does it also work with the turbo wich has an oil filter/pipe adapter ?

i have 400 miles on mine and this is the last weekend before there wont be any snow, will it be ok for me to go to 600-650 without changing the oil and not running into future problems?

seanmurphy26 said:
i have 400 miles on mine and this is the last weekend before there wont be any snow, will it be ok for me to go to 600-650 without changing the oil and not running into future problems?

Surrrrrrrrre. Why not? If the filter clogs, pressure will drop and the motor will shut itself off. The oil's OK. Besides, all the break-in chunks and shavings should already be in the filter. Right?

seanmurphy26 said:
i hope that was sarcastic....
I don't think that was been sarcastic, I think that it is up to you if you want to run your sled with break-in oil in it longer than you should! CHANGE YOUR OIL!! Do as your manual says 800 km!! Oil is cheap, Your engine is not!

You'll be fine. My goodness people, you'd think these things were made of silk and satin. Geez.

Jon

Yeah, I was half sarcastic. You'll be alright- maintenance schedules are pretty arbitrary anyway. Depends on how hard your engine is run. I would suggest being ahead of the game in the future, though. Ride, don't worry.

seanmurphy26 said:
its an hour drive to get an oil filter. i have 515 miles and the snow will be gone by tomorrow night...guess im done riding fr the season

you'll be fine, you got all spring,summer and fall to work on them, ride and enjoy :Rockon:

Back