• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Apex GT brake light

RxThunder

Expert
I have a 2006 Apex GT with 1400 miles on it, just purchased at the end of last year. I have only ran it through the backyard on minimal snow once, Impressive is all I can say. I love it. The one thing I noticed is that when I squeeze the brake normal the light comes on like it should, but if I squeeze harder the light goes back out to just the running light. Anyone have this issue or have any ideas of what it could be? I was thinking maybe a bad switch? Everything else works like it should.

If the switch is anything like the Phazer's, you can take it apart, clean the contacts inside, add a bit of dielectric grease and it should be good to go. My '09 had a similar issue.

Might try adjusting the switch at the lever.

Sounds like I need to check that switch out, that's what I figured it was. Just wanted to see if anyone had similar issues. The sled is currently in another state where I store it for summer, I can't wait to get it ready for winter. Already have had a few nights of snow up here! thanks for the tips!

Had same issue I found a used brake switch on ebay from a wrecked Apex even on another model like RTX which is where I got mine from they are the same switch. For 10 dollars I replaced the whole thing. Easy to do. Bam problem solved switched it out.

Back