• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 hygear torsion spring spacer for nytro

murphypatsara

I am trying to install a set of torsion spring spacers for my 2009 nytro from HYGEAR. The question I have is they seem to be a bit narrow in outside diameter (2") which still leaves a good deal of room between the spacer and the spring. Also, they have one end which has a slight "lip" and I am unsure which end faces out the "flat" end or the end with the "lip". Anyone have any imput? Thank you

I can't comment on the lip edge install direction.
But the idea for a gap around the spacer is this.
When the coil spring goes through a full compression stroke.
The coil diameter gets tighter or smaller.
The spacer allows the coil spring to shrink around but not as much as it did without the Hygear spacer.

Cheers

If they're like the Apex, when you go to install them you'll see the only way they'll fit is with the lip "in". Agree on the above reason for the gap.

Lip towards inside. :Rockon:

DSC00268.jpg

spacers

I have a set of the spacers on my 09 fx and they work good.The lip goes on the inside.Just got my rear shock back from hygear,they installed a high low valve in it.It gives me 22 clicks on low speed and 3 complete turns on high speed.Should really be able to aljust the rear suspension.

garyw,

Do you have an RTX, XTX...? Did you have the rear/rear shock done or the center one? I'm hoping I can drum up the cash to get one of hygears packages for my XTX before snow comes.

Thanks

dirkdiggler said:
They don't work on a 2009. I bought a set and the Inside Diameter is to small. I think they beefed up the rear arm on the 09's

They made a big difference on my 09...used a big socket to tap them on.

When i called HYGEAR and asked them what to do they said they should slide on and if they aren't then Yamaha must have changed the OD of the Shaft. They said to send them back

You said they made a big difference. What exactly did you see as an improvement?

dirkdiggler said:
When i called HYGEAR and asked them what to do they said they should slide on and if they aren't then Yamaha must have changed the OD of the Shaft. They said to send them back

You said they made a big difference. What exactly did you see as an improvement?

Sag isn't nearly as bad and before I had to run everything on high or cranked up (I'm a big guy) I now can run my adjusters on the medium setting so my sled is less harsh in the stutter bumps (a lot easier on my back)...big difference IMHO.

Maybe the XTX is the same, but maybe it changed on the 121" Nytro. Can anyone confirm?

Both swingarms of the SE skid are much beefier than the standard RTX swingarms - tube diameters as well as material thickness. Though, I was under the impression that the upper tube of the rear swingarm was the same, at least at the location of the springs...? Have to check mine again...

Back