• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Nytro XTX Starts and has significant loss of power.

BIG BLUE 2

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 FX NYTRO XTX
All, just wondering what the issue could be with my nytro. Have had decent weather fluctuations and the last time I rode was in the deep stuff so the sled was packed with snow and ice. I put my sled in the trailer for two weeks with milder temps. Well this weekend it was -10 and I went to start it and it turned over just fine and was idling normal. After about 30 seconds of normal warm up idle the rpm's dropped a bit and the machine seem to only be running at 1/2 power. I ran it around for a few minutes and then parked it. Put a blanket and tarp over it to retain some heat thinking something was iced up. I repeated the process 5 times and gave up. Checked the spark plugs and they looked ok. The sled has 3200 miles and most importantly there was not an engine light or any codes flashing so I'm baffled. I have the updated starter relay only. Not sure if it could be the fuel pump relay or what. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

I cant help you with the problem you are having, and would like to know what the problem is also. with that said, if it was the fuel pump relay, it wouldn't run at all.

All, just wondering what the issue could be with my nytro. Have had decent weather fluctuations and the last time I rode was in the deep stuff so the sled was packed with snow and ice. I put my sled in the trailer for two weeks with milder temps. Well this weekend it was -10 and I went to start it and it turned over just fine and was idling normal. After about 30 seconds of normal warm up idle the rpm's dropped a bit and the machine seem to only be running at 1/2 power. I ran it around for a few minutes and then parked it. Put a blanket and tarp over it to retain some heat thinking something was iced up. I repeated the process 5 times and gave up. Checked the spark plugs and they looked ok. The sled has 3200 miles and most importantly there was not an engine light or any codes flashing so I'm baffled. I have the updated starter relay only. Not sure if it could be the fuel pump relay or what. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe your valve adjustment can be a bit off.

Back