• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

yamahaapex1000 said:
I agree with ruffrider, I thought the same thing. What is with all of this love for the 1200. And to compare it to an attack? common, huge difference. take one ride on an apex or attack and then try out a 1200. then tell me the difference. Just as said earlier in the previous posts, boring. Most people would want to jump back on to the Yamaha without question. Sure the 1200 rides nice and is a nice easy machine to ride if your just touring around, and not using any power, but even from the handling perspective, a properly set up apex can take the corners just as well.

Yea but set up the 1200 to your liking and its miles above a properly setup attak. Thats where yamaha loses people to the 1200.

Ok, I really didn't want to get involved in this discussion...But I ride with 4 1200's. 2 short track and 2 renegades. The short tracks, 09s, suck in loose snow conditions, the 1" track spends all its time spinning, both need the track replaced already and they are not abused. The renegades are definitely nicer in the deep stuff (and 1 of these has had to replace a track). BUT, they like to say how well the gades take to bumps, well both of them were standing going over some pretty rough stuff and I was still sitting. As for the twisties, they have yet to leave me behind on any high speed runs, even when 2 lugs were snapped off my carbides from hitting rocks. I have ridden 3 of the 4 of them and I still love my Attak. The sole thing that would make me switch is the 300kms per tank of fuel. With the price of gas these days it is a factor. I really have nothing against the 1200's but I like my Attack, I just think its more fun.
If we were all the same there would only be one brand with one sled. It doesn't matter what you ride just get out and enjoy the trails.

Tycho998 said:
Ok, I really didn't want to get involved in this discussion...But I ride with 4 1200's. 2 short track and 2 renegades. The short tracks, 09s, suck in loose snow conditions, the 1" track spends all its time spinning, both need the track replaced already and they are not abused. The renegades are definitely nicer in the deep stuff (and 1 of these has had to replace a track). BUT, they like to say how well the gades take to bumps, well both of them were standing going over some pretty rough stuff and I was still sitting. As for the twisties, they have yet to leave me behind on any high speed runs, even when 2 lugs were snapped off my carbides from hitting rocks. I have ridden 3 of the 4 of them and I still love my Attak. The sole thing that would make me switch is the 300kms per tank of fuel. With the price of gas these days it is a factor. I really have nothing against the 1200's but I like my Attack, I just think its more fun.
If we were all the same there would only be one brand with one sled. It doesn't matter what you ride just get out and enjoy the trails.

I agree the traction is subpar on the 1200 shorties from the factory with a 1" track. 2012 they finally went to 1.25" track. They need bigger lugs and studs as there is alot of low torque. The renegades are much better here. As far as standing and riding goes thats kinda rider not sled. Skidoos shocks are junk after 1,000 miles unless you buy an x package, or tnt with rebuildables. In stock form the yamahas feel much better when compared side by side. But with some set-up on the doo to the rider it makes a huge difference. Sort of like a nytro, but without all the issues of ill handling stock, that and handwarmers and sliders actually last, lol! Its like anything else, needs tweaking from stock, although that depends on package purchased. Overall sleds are sleds, they all suck stock.

rightarm said:
A new rear skid is far from small changes,and I knew exactly what you meant :Rockon: wait till you see what AC comes out with ;)!

Saw this spy photo today. Looks kinda cool. First time in while I've said that about a Cat product.

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 116
Looks really nice. Must say that is one of the nicer looking sleds I've seen released in the last few years.

the whole brochure is on another thread. the others in the lineup look almost as good. too bad they dont have a nitro or apex motor in them.
I always said my second choice would be a cat or doo, now it woud be a cat on looks alone.

AKrider said:
I'd like to try a 1200 Doo but it never struck me as being as capable through rough terrain as a Nytro. Plus it doesn't fit into the 600 class to be raced so it might as well not even exist as it doesn't suit my needs.

Still, Yamaha's line-up leaves a lot to be desired. I'd have been excited had they bothered to upgrade and refine their sleds.

The Nytro and 1200 are now raced in the 700 class as per ISR rules.

Back