• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat announcement on new chassis.

That asymmetrical headlight keeps throwing me for a loop. Is it a ride light or is there some other reason for the design?
Maybe it has a yellow light behind it and acts like a side marker light.

If that’s the sled , it’s a skidoo with a one sided headlight, lol , ugly & a copy . . But they probably won’t fit a sidewinder motor in that .

Last edited:
Bad pic but this has been touted as leaked photo. Cougar ZRView attachment 168487
If this is what the new Cats are really going to look like, I hope that Yamaha gets to keep the Procross. I'll take the jetfighter look over the Daffy Duck Doo look any day! I don't think that they could stuff a turbo 998 into that stubby front end anyway. I'm not a fan of that asymmetrical headlight either. I don't get it....

I wouldn’t get to wound up , the pics are photo shopped, if you look at the windshield in the video, it looks nothing like the pics.

Last edited:
Looks like an OLD 2015 Polaris snocross race sled to me. Not at all like a Doo. Someone tell Textron their late to the party with that look! I sure hope thats not Cats "new sled" in the leaked photo here!

Boy, I hope Yamaha gets the Japan production line going again with some good engineers that can build a chassis that rides and handles with the best!

1658452112260.png

Looks like an OLD 2015 Polaris snocross race sled to me. Not at all like a Doo. Someone tell Textron their late to the party with that look! I sure hope thats not Cats "new sled" in the leaked photo here!

Boy, I hope Yamaha gets the Japan production line going again with some good engineers that can build a chassis that rides and handles with the best!

View attachment 168491
I hope your wrong.

If this is what the new Cats are really going to look like, I hope that Yamaha gets to keep the Procross. I'll take the jetfighter look over the Daffy Duck Doo look any day! I don't think that they could stuff a turbo 998 into that stubby front end anyway. I'm not a fan of that asymmetrical headlight either. I don't get it....

That pic appears photoshopped and I wouldn't base any opinions on it.

Answer me this boys:

1. Has Yamaha NOT been just an Engine supplier for 3 years now?
2. Would it matter if a Yamaha Engine was in a 100% Cat chassis that says YAMAHA on the side?
3. Do you believe this new chassis will have a 4-stroke in it the first year?
4. Does anybody here have a dealer that's had a discussion with Yamaha, in the last 3 years, where they are headed?

ANSWER: NO TIMES 4

To be Honest:
I'd be happy with just a Yamaha Motor in an "Improved & Fixed" Pro Cross Chassis

Would any of YOU buy an Arctic cat with just a Yamaha Motor in it?
Your answer will most likely echo where the Big Y is headed in the "Snow Department"

Cat is actually in a weird place on this also.

THINK ABOUT IT:
They sold very few Non-Tcat 4-strokes due to most wanted a "Yamaha" 4-stroke. They only have 1 model I think.
They got blamed by the Yamaha Faithful for everything that went wrong.
As a matter a fact, when speaking to other brands' peeps, they all used the words CAT DNA.

I hope the new Chassis does well.
I hope they made it reliable.
I hope they designed it to FIT a 4-Smoke in there.

Competition BREEDS success!!!!

Cat is actually in a weird place on this also.

THINK ABOUT IT:
They sold very few Non-Tcat 4-strokes due to most wanted a "Yamaha" 4-stroke. They only have 1 model I think.
They got blamed by the Yamaha Faithful for everything that went wrong.
As a matter a fact, when speaking to other brands' peeps, they all used the words CAT DNA.

I hope the new Chassis does well.
I hope they made it reliable.
I hope they designed it to FIT a 4-Smoke in there.

Competition BREEDS success!!!!
Should you decide to run for the Presidency ya got my vote !!!

I’m just glad that I have my ‘22 Winder to enjoy while any issues with the new sled get worked out
Gosh, I really hope that any potential new model will have less issues than what it's replacing!

Back