• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat announcement on new chassis.

acpantera

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 TCAT+ATAC+EPS
So, now that Arctic Cat said that they will reveal a new chassis/platform at Haydays, how do you think this affects Yamaha?
Is it possible that Yamaha had a part in it's development? Does Yamaha have any input on the "possibly" new 2 stroke(s) that is going to be deployed first with this new chassis? Will Yamaha update the current turbo 998 or maybe come up with a smaller, even more power dense 4 stroke for the power/speed hungry consumers? Where does Yamaha's snow division stand in all this? What's your crystal ball say? Plenty of question marks in this post. My senses tell me that a dedicated 4 stroke chassis is on the way and the future of Cat and Yamaha are bright.

I think Yamaha gets the Pro-cross, nothing else.

I actually wonder if its the last of the Yamaha/Cat partnership... Could spell the last of Yamaha snowmobiles perhaps? I sure hope not, but I don't think Yamaha is long for snowmobile market moving forward myself. Talking with a long time die hard Yamaha dealer friend of mine it's not looking well for the future of Yamaha snowmobiles. They are having zero conversations with their dealers about the future.

I believe the new Cat chassis is a large bore two-stroke, possibly even a turbocharged one at that. I don't want a two-stroke snowmobile myself.

I think as long as the snow division is profitable, and according to reports it is, it will soldier on. When it starts losing money it will be axed.

It's been no secret to industry insiders that Arctic Cat has been working on their new platform for quite a few seasons and that there was some major disappointment by many of their employee's that worked on it that the decision was made to not release it for MY23, and instead wait until MY24.

That's probably why they've decided to give us this early teaser before Hay Days to draw as much attention as they can to their new platform and to get potential buyers whipped up before the snow season has even started. Good marketing IMHO.

With as much hype so far with the new Arctic Cat platform I'm just as intrigued by what's under the hood. With both Polaris and Ski Doo offering Turbo 2-strokes will Arctic Cat join the Turbo big bore 2-stroke party? This might answer the question: https://www.patentguru.com/assignee/arctic-cat-inc

I too have chatted with KnappAttak's long time die hard Yamaha dealer friend who happens to be one of Yamaha's largest dealers and he's been painting a pretty bleak picture of Yamaha's long term commitment to sleds. All of the heavy hitter's from both Yamaha and Arctic Cat who created the mutual supply agreement between the two companies are long gone, and Jaret seems to be MIA. Seems to be crickets coming from Yamaha as of late.

Getting back on track I hope that Arctic's new platform will live up to their "Revolutionary" hype and have some new engine tech along with a new gauge package that's up to par with what the competition offers and get away from their current '80's Timex looking gauge package. It's great to see Arctic Cat finally stepping up to the plate to give Polaris and BRP some real competition.

Where will Yamaha be in MY24? :sled1: :dunno:

Last edited:
Yamaha moved it's operations to Canada to get closer to the Ski-Doo factory.
Probably where the 998 is headed, and I have seen a few rumors that Textron is working on a 4 stroke because if they eject big y then they loose their wildcat XX motor.

Canada is a big country, they aren't that close, if they wanted to be close they missed by some 400 miles. The main reason most companies move to Canada is to get the tax break. Montreal gets huge subsidies from the government for R&D which helps companies like Ski-doo. Ontario less so but still a big advantage over the US. If it were purely about getting close to Ski-doo then anywhere in quebec would be a much better bet than North York Ontario. Cheaper talent is another reason to move to Canada.

makes sense for cat and Yamaha to produce sleds together, can you imagine the price for a new sled if they didn't ? I'm sure Yamaha engineers are involved with the new chassis, their engines are going in them and let's face it, Yamaha has been beaten up for some of the short comings of Cats engineering. My money is on them staying together.

First and foremost Yamaha is an engineering company. They could easily continue building engines for others and not build snowmobiles. They built car engines for Ford for example but did not build cars. With that said, Textron can easily build a 4 stroke for all its 4 wheelers and adapt it for a sled.

Regarding Acat, I would expect to see a two stroke turbo. They filed a patent for one some time ago. Not sure if we will see that at Haydays with the new chassis.

It's been no secret to industry insiders that Arctic Cat has been working on their new platform for quite a few seasons and that there was some major disappointment by many of their employee's that worked on it that the decision was made to not release it for MY23, and instead wait until MY24.

That's probably why they've decided to give us this early teaser before Hay Days to draw as much attention as they can to their new platform and to get potential buyers whipped up before the snow season has even started. Good marketing IMHO.

With as much hype so far with the new Arctic Cat platform I'm just as intrigued by what's under the hood. With both Polaris and Ski Doo offering Turbo 2-strokes will Arctic Cat join the Turbo big bore 2-stroke party? This might answer the question: https://www.patentguru.com/assignee/arctic-cat-inc

I too have chatted with KnappAttak's long time die hard Yamaha dealer friend who happens to be one of Yamaha's largest dealers and he's been painting a pretty bleak picture of Yamaha's long term commitment to sleds. All of the heavy hitter's from both Yamaha and Arctic Cat who created the mutual supply agreement between the two companies are long gone, and Jaret seems to be MIA. Seems to be crickets coming from Yamaha as of late.

Getting back on track I hope that Arctic's new platform will live up to their "Revolutionary" hype and have some new engine tech along with a new gauge package that's up to par with what the competition offers and get away from their current '80's Timex looking gauge package. It's great to see Arctic Cat finally stepping up to the plate to give Polaris and BRP some real competition.

Where will Yamaha be in MY24? :sled1: :dunno:

Hey Don,
Things at Yamaha are busy as we prepare for the upcoming season and navigate a turbulent supply chain.
Haydays is around the corner, hope to see some familiar TY faces there and talk sleds.
Enjoy the summer all,
-Jaret

Hey Don,
Things at Yamaha are busy as we prepare for the upcoming season and navigate a turbulent supply chain.
Haydays is around the corner, hope to see some familiar TY faces there and talk sleds.
Enjoy the summer all,
-Jaret
Jaret.... good to hear! Talk to you at Haydays.

Hey Don,
Enjoy the summer all,
-Jaret
Hi Jaret
Feedback on EPS,
I only got to ride my LTX GT 23 miles but I’ll say without any question that it’s much more of a plus than the Apex EPS for a guy like me that has 2 shoulder replacement surgerys looming on the horizon.
A home run in my book !!!!
Thanks
Scotty

Back