• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 sled preview

MMStewy

Veteran
Check out the 2013 preview teaser on the Yamaha USA website.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... video.aspx

Looks like they will unveil an entirely new kids sled. Hopefully it's a 40Hp 4S single in a tube framed, longtrack chassis with a TSS front end weighing in at less than 400 lbs.
I'll take two!
The rest of the hyped-up BNG will be shown in March.

MMStewy said:
Check out the 2013 preview teaser on the Yamaha USA website.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... video.aspx

Looks like they will unveil an entirely new kids sled. Hopefully it's a 40Hp 4S single in a tube framed, longtrack chassis with a TSS front end weighing in at less than 400 lbs.
I'll take two!
The rest of the hyped-up BNG will be shown in March.

A kids sled should be way less than 400lbs IMO. Polaris is getting close to a 400lb 150hp mountain sled....

This is what I think it is??????

300cc 4 stroke snowmobile

Engine Type: 4-Stroke

Engine Displacement: 300cc
Engine Cooling: Liquid-Cooled
Horsepower rating: 22 hp
Ski Stance: 39.4 inches/UHMW Plastic
Front Suspension: A-ARM Independent
Front Shocks: High-Quality PPD, Aluminum Bodied T/A
Front Travel: 7.0 inches
Rear Suspension: "Premier Trail Tamer", slide rail design
Rear Shock: High-Quality PPD, Aluminum Bodied T/A
Rear Travel: 8.5 inches
Track Width/Length: 10 inches/96 inches
Track Lug: .91 inches
Brakes: Hydraulic Disc
Fuel Capacity: 4.5 US gallons
Overall Width: 43.4 inches
Overall Length: 87.3 inches
Headlight: Automotive Style HS Bulb x2, 35 watt x2
Rear Light: Premier Trademark Double-Barrel Shotgun Style LED
Est. Dry Weight: 338 pounds
Est. Performance:
(Top Speed) 40-42 mph
Electric Start: Standard
Reverse: Standard
Heated Grips: Standard
Heated Visor Outlet: Standard
Electric Fuel Gauge: Standard
Lockable Underseat Storage: Standard
Available Colors: Premier Candy-Apple Red /Black

I doubt that, looks a lot like a cut and paste from the premier web site. No way Yamaha would do anything other than create their own sled. There was just a couple of these under the tarp in the video. This will be the variant model this year LaLaLa

Attachments

• 1zgdnog.jpg
    1zgdnog.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 229
Hmmmmm....the wording at the begining raises more questions,

"The rest of the "NEW LINE" will follow march second" Useless HYPE???

I don't know...I guess we will see.

For those of you poo pooing a kids sled...go stuff it...I've wanted a "Blue" kids sled for years (for my kids)..I always dredded when they'd go to a friends house and rode a kittie cat, or mini z and then come home and ask for one...lol...if any one needed a kids sled it's YAMAHA.

BUT...(I will totally understand ur frustration)....if that's all they come out with...I don't think yamaha can afford to do that. But we shall see.

Whitedust....just admit it...your going back to doo...you seem less and less interested in buying a new yami...It appears to me u have been doing quite a bit of shopping lately....and that's fine....ride what ya like...but I can tell, you are gonna get RAW with yamaha if nothing new comes this year...lol For me...I don't care...I'm not buying new anyhow...I have a perfectly good 2007 Attak GT with low miles (12,342..to be exact)...and I LOVE IT!!! Yeah the mono skid is kinda lame..but...it handles good, and flat out hauls the mail...I will keep it for awhile....$15,000??? for a snowmobile??? NEVER!!! I don't care what brand it is....heck $10,000 is too much IMO...my wife gets the expensive cars/new cars...I like my 2001 buick GS..I'm gonna drive it til she blows, same goes for this Attak.

that vid shows nothing exept a tarp and a kid saying its cool. my daughter says my nytro is cool........... i guess tommorow will show us either something cool or the same stuff... BNG!!!!

CR on Yamahablog has been eluding to a starter sled for the past couple spring releases. I would say it is going to happen this year.

I would bet we may even see a long-track and short track version allowing it to fill the Bravo place. Hell, it may be a variant to the BRAVO!! Anyone thought of that possibility?

The Bravo was awesome, but dated in every way. Put that same engine into something a bit more current, and you may just have the 2013 Ovation!

Just my take but if they do release a kids or entry level sled I would look at their ATV line-up for hints to which motor they will use. In the utility quads, they have a 350 & 400 air cooled and a 450 & 550 Liquid cooled motors, but the one that makes most sense to me is the new 300 Liquid cooled Grizzly. We know how Yamaha likes to use motors for multiple aplications and this just makes sense to me.

Here is what I would like to see though...

They make a European TDM 900, it's a 900cc twin w/5 valve head; that motor in a "variant" phazer/nytro chassis would rock!

Back