• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 sled preview

With polaris showing their 2013 sled all brands have had their unveils..

To sum it up

Yamaha - new track, weight improvments
Artic Cat - Fixing last years issues
Ski-Doo - New skid, new colors, fixing issues
Polaris - New drive system, new model (Indy), fixin issues

I would put Polaris on top for new inventions and new models.. I think the indy is sexy as hell (wont buy one but I like it)

Yamaha is right there with the others in the level of improvment for this year. The colors are a little less wild but the general improvments are about the same.

Many of the opinions here is that they lack a proper mountain sled, and with mountain sled poeple mean a sled like a (BMW M car) that is a development platform for new technology and I agree Yamaha lacks a sled for testing new inventions on that is available to the market.. On the other hand since the mountain segment is growing it's not always fair to test new stuff on a growing number of riders..

All in all I think Yamaha has donw a pretty wise choise for 2013. What Im hoping to se for 2014 though is ECO-sleds or marketing for fuel efficiancy. Looks at Kawasakis green ECO bikes.. I think this is where Yamaha has an advantage for 2014....

soldi said:
With polaris showing their 2013 sled all brands have had their unveils..

To sum it up

Yamaha - new track, weight improvments
Artic Cat - Fixing last years issues
Ski-Doo - New skid, new colors, fixing issues
Polaris - New drive system, new model (Indy), fixin issues

-Not much weight saving for yamie as they just went to a lesser front shock. Yamie pretty much tried and trued what they currently have, but something new is needed soon to compete.
-Can't forget Doo came out with the new XS design (fresh body work,lights,glove box etc)

I've rode many different sleds, but never got the chance to try a new Polaris yet. Might just have to find a demo ride and see what they're all about. That Assault 144 peaks interest.

Somewhat impressive 2013 outcome overall given the troubled times.

Dan

Ok, looks like Yamahas that are sold at Finland are slightly different, mods made by importer.
For example these 013 models are for test drive today:
Phazer RTX-Racer
Nytro X-Ride 153 Charged 180 hv
Apex XTX-CST 240 hv - Charged Super Tourer

Back