• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 sled preview

Pretty amazing. Yamaha comes out with a bogus Nytro deep lug reveal and now that the 2013 date is getting close no one seems to care any more. I guess they really turned people off. I did hear they will announce a 45th anniversary jacket, no word on any sled.

sk-rx1 said:
Pretty amazing. Yamaha comes out with a bogus Nytro deep lug reveal and now that the 2013 date is getting close no one seems to care any more. I guess they really turned people off. I did hear they will announce a 45th anniversary jacket, no word on any sled.
We must be on a Wait and see mode, No use getting all worked up. After that last deal the "Marketing Department" hit Us with.

poleclimber said:
120 cc srx. Looks identical to the article cat 120.

That's disappointing if it's true. I was hoping for a 3/4 sled with better power. Wasn't sure what Yamaha would use for a motor (unlikely they would build a new motor for this type of sled), but with the Bravo going away I was wondering if they would use that engine. The only other viable option was their 90cc ATV motor or another scooter engine ... not enough grunt to turn a decent length track IMO. As it is, a 120 won't have a track that can float in deeper snow anyway, so it probably won't be trail worthy. Bummer.

I just watched a documentary on NOVA about the earthquakes and tsunamis that have caused so much destruction to Japan. After seeing that, all I can say is don't expect too much from Yamaha for a while. The people there have been devastated. They are rebuilding ... but it's going to take a lot to come back.

Arctic Cat just showed there 2013 sleds... Lots of 4stroke turbo, bigger lugs, longer tracks and possibly slightly lighter, some colored tunnels and storage... They looked good, a factory turbo 4 stroke is definitly competing for my 2013 $$..

Only Yamaha left...

Did you see the pricing of the AC turbo sno pro!!!! 15K+ . Suddenly Yamahas look cheap!!!!!AC probably has to get some money back to fix all the problems with the 12's.

cat hunter said:
I think everyone is tired of being disappointed !!! :o|

X2 Yamaha has just worn me out don't exspect anything but BNG for 2013. Early release Nytro with 1.75 track was lame & marketing must feel like a whipped dog after that joke. Don't care about problems in Japan no vacation for sales if you want to keep the cash flowing & your core users happy. I have been spending more time looking at Doos,Cats & Poos websites where new things are happening in 2013. I still luv my 2007 Attak GT & running strong with 8500 miles but I just roll back to 2011 & Apex all the same since then so sleepy time & not paying much atention to new 2013 Yamaha release. Sad but true.

whitedust1 said:
cat hunter said:
I think everyone is tired of being disappointed !!! :o|

X2 Yamaha has just worn me out don't exspect anything but BNG for 2013. Early release Nytro with 1.75 track was lame & marketing must feel like a whipped dog after that joke. Don't care about problems in Japan no vacation for sales if you want to keep the cash flowing & your core users happy. I have been spending more time looking at Doos,Cats & Poos websites where new things are happening in 2013. I still luv my 2007 Attak GT & running strong with 8500 miles but I just roll back to 2011 & Apex all the same since then so sleepy time & not paying much atention to new 2013 Yamaha release. Sad but true.
have you looked at the devastation that was left in japan with the tsunami,sad to see that people care more about a stupid sled than an entire nation,we should consider ourselves lucky that yamaha wasnt in the middle of all this cuz probably there would be no more yamaha products,read chris's blog,the future looks promising

i dont see yamaha unleashing anything "revolutionary" in the next year or two. they are in the process of moving all of their products too AMERICAN MADE. wheelers already are, sleds and bikes are next..

Back