• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Viper oil tank upgrade?

If we're still N/A would we be able to run the separator return line directly into the Mag Cover where the turbo drain goes? I ask because it appears there is already a tapped hole behind the plug in the center that we could thread a barbed fitting into. Does anyone know the thread dimensions?

If we're still N/A would we be able to run the separator return line directly into the Mag Cover where the turbo drain goes? I ask because it appears there is already a tapped hole behind the plug in the center that we could thread a barbed fitting into. Does anyone know the thread dimensions?
This is what the MPI kit does.

Both holes in the mag cover are a weird thread size for those OEM plastic caps. I think you would have a hard time trying to find something that fits correctly. The MPI kit is cheap and the adapter MPI machined is perfect fit and the kit is cheap. This kit also come with the plug for capping off the old return line on bottom of the oil tank. MPI part number hsk-1160 .

Both holes in the mag cover are a weird thread size for those OEM plastic caps. I think you would have a hard time trying to find something that fits correctly. The MPI kit is cheap and the adapter MPI machined is perfect fit and the kit is cheap. This kit also come with the plug for capping off the old return line on bottom of the oil tank. MPI part number hsk-1160 .

MPI found some problems using a regular banjo fitting with flow and I understand that having done oil coolers in race cars. Big flow difference in a 90 degree banjo fitting and an angled connector.

I talked to MPI today for a bit about this, and they are looking into a kit for NA sleds that like to get sideways. Normally NA sleds don't have the same problem as the turbos because they don't create pressures like the turbos do. Turbos are much worse at pucking oil into the intake than NA sleds.

MPI did confirm that all the kits now come with the Seperator return mod, and those installed through Yamaha have this plumbing arrangement.

I would also like to know how to make this work with a MCX turbo kit. Because the turbo return line feeds into the small hole on the mag cover as well. Would be nice to know if guy could use a tee or y fitting to return both into the one hole, and whether or not that will cause flow problems.

What would be the difference from the new tank/baffle upgrade to a roll over valve. Sometimes when we're in a pinch we will roll our sleds right over to get them unstuck. I did it once with my factory xtx before reading on here, I want my sled to be able to do it with no worries this year.

The rollover valve is like a door it closes off the escape of oil. The baffles and box are just like a maze. They are hoping by making the oil snake around that it wont escape but it does. Rollover valve works but you must use the tether and now with the new flash it requires alot of patience to get the system to reset. But it definitly works and no need to carry oil. Saved my butt last year in dark in middle of a whiteout middle of nowhere!

Looking at the new YZF. Look how they did this one:
YXZ OIL.jpg

Just opening this back up... I did install a mcx oil separator update to drain to the mag cover. But I'm still having problems with losing oil pressure while on steep climbs and or walking with the skis up. It's better but not fixed. Has there been any new news on this issue?

It's a 15. It has the dipstick so I assumed it's has the baffle and screen.

Back