• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As a sledder who buys anything But Yamaha, I have to admit I really like the looks of the Viper, although a little concerned about the price.
We just need to find out if Yamaha will not use some of the cheap Cat parts like crappy bearings, and if Yamaha will be on the assembly line making sure the Cat workers don't leave lines and wires rubbing on moving parts.
And Yamaha saying five new models in the next five years, I predict the next one is a Phaser motor in the little Cat SP 500 racer.
But again, I would put the Viper on my wish list, very nice sled. Just need to see first what Doo and Poo have up their sleeve for 2014. mike

is there any chance that yamaha is workin on their next gen of motors and chassis and the relationship with cat ends with the old nytro engine and this cat chassis?
or maybe yamaha will continue using the chassis and just put their next gen superior engines in cats chassis
theres nothing saying this is a permenant exchange of tech

throwing nytro motor in the cat chassis is a better bandaid then just offering super chargers with everything till the next generation is ready

its far fetched but it would be nice
i think everyone gets dissapointed because with brand loyalty ya want to see what "yer boys" can come up with that the competition cant help but admire and we all know yamaha could easily be the ones to take the next leap in snowmobile technology

oldphazer said:
is there any chance that yamaha is workin on their next gen of motors and chassis and the relationship with cat ends with the old nytro engine and this cat chassis?
or maybe yamaha will continue using the chassis and just put their next gen superior engines in cats chassis
theres nothing saying this is a permenant exchange of tech

throwing nytro motor in the cat chassis is a better bandaid then just offering super chargers with everything till the next generation is ready

its far fetched but it would be nice
i think everyone gets dissapointed because with brand loyalty ya want to see what "yer boys" can come up with that the competition cant help but admire and we all know yamaha could easily be the ones to take the next leap in snowmobile technology

Go over on the viper section and read what MR sled posted......It's at the top as one of the stickies.

One thing I find very odd is this. Go read Dootalk and a few other forums. There are a lot of guys that ride other brands, and have been hammering Yamaha for years, are saying they might be getting a new Viper. It makes me wonder.....

vector06 said:
One thing I find very odd is this. Go read Dootalk and a few other forums. There are a lot of guys that ride other brands, and have been hammering Yamaha for years, are saying they might be getting a new Viper. It makes me wonder.....

you will see more positivity on hcs and dootalk then here i found but i only looked a little over there

the yamaha engines get alot of respect out there

At the show the Yamaha employees say they have been occupying the Cat plant in TRF for about the last 8-9 months. They claim all parts have to pass stringent Yamaha quality standards right down to every rivet, bolt and bearing. After I was told this I asked, "does that mean Cat's standards are going to go up"? The Yamaha employee said "yes they will".

Also they said there will be a similar Arctic Cat to the Viper with slight panel changes, Arctic Graphics, Nytro motor.........but NO Yamaha clutches.

Arctic was testing this same machine with their clutches and when Yamaha went to do the same they had to ask for taller gears. With Yamaha clutches it could take alot more gearing and Cat had to develop some taller gears they didn't even make yet. Needless to say it is much stronger with the Yamaha clutch system.

Don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know when the pics. will be up on the yamaha web site for the 2014 clothing? Would like to get a new jacket/bibs if they have anything new. I see that they have a bunch of stuff up on the site w/out pics.

09NytroRTX said:
Don't want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know when the pics. will be up on the yamaha web site for the 2014 clothing? Would like to get a new jacket/bibs if they have anything new. I see that they have a bunch of stuff up on the site w/out pics.

Should be soon I would think. I was at the Mpls. show today and they had the 2014 clothing/accessory catalogs to hand out. Lots of new stuff to check out for next year.

msrx700 said:
I sold 2 viper XTX SE in preorder today 14 300$can +tx each

Really? With the CDN dollar at approximately par, Snow-check pricing should have the XTX SE down to US retail prices.. $12999 +tx CDN. When I originally heard $12k US I was thinking, 'Sweet!! only $17k CDN!!" We've been getting gouged for a good while up here.

Back