• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fxnytroxtx said:
Wow whats up with all the hate, its the best of both. I rode rr 800 cat and that thing is unbelivably amazing, you haters out there should at least ride it and then talk :sled1:

I am reserving judgement until I can ride one at my local dealer later today or tomorrow. I hope that they will let me take a good look at it with the body panels off and give it a good test ride.

I will let you guys know after my test ride / inspection.

Blue Dave said:
fxnytroxtx said:
Wow whats up with all the hate, its the best of both. I rode rr 800 cat and that thing is unbelivably amazing, you haters out there should at least ride it and then talk :sled1:

I am reserving judgement until I can ride one at my local dealer later today or tomorrow. I hope that they will let me take a good look at it with the body panels off and give it a good test ride.

if you can can you please take some pictures under the tunnel?hope they have full heat exchangers

Looking under them last night at the show I saw no evidence of full lenghth heat exchangers, looked like a larger radiator and the usual front exchanger

OVR4D said:
The more I ponder Yamaha's "Supply Agreement", the more I think that the 2014 Cat will NOT have a Nytro motor. If I were in Yamaha's shoes, I would want something to keep brand-loyal Yamaha customers from straying. What makes the most sense IMO, is for Yamaha to get Cat's Procross chassis (with a Nytro powerplant) for one year ... EXCLUSIVELY ... in exchange for what will likely be a variety of YMC motors for use in Cat products (including ATV's and side-by-sides) in the years to come.

Given this scenario, I would expect the 2014 Cats to continue to be built with Suzuki motors. Cat still gets to offer a turbo variety, whereas Yamaha agrees to hold off on any aftermarket or factory SC or turbo models until 2015. This IMO, makes the most sense for Yamaha, as they do not have to worry about folks looking for the same thing (presumably at a better price) from Cat. Meanwhile, Cat's engine supplier woes are resolved in time to meet 2015 production schedules.

Also under this scenario, I would look to Yamaha to bring a vehicle of their own design to market in 2015, as they would then want to offer something that cannot also be had through Cat.

My 2 cents.

Definitely makes sense to me!

Mazz said:
Looking under them last night at the show I saw no evidence of full lenghth heat exchangers, looked like a larger radiator and the usual front exchanger

:o| :o| :o| so we're not getting away with ice build up?

fxnytroxtx said:
Blue Dave said:
fxnytroxtx said:

if you can can you please take some pictures under the tunnel?hope they have full heat exchangers

I will bring my camera.

RHINO2014_zps8cbb575d.png

RHINO 2014

I just heard the spring order deals you get for the viper. 3 year warranty with the option to purchase 2 additional years. They must have faith that they have a good reliable product still. Definately interested, would love to ride one before hand.

All the hype and talk about the new sleds but I think most are forgetting one thing. You all get to order new tools! You need the metric (which we all should have) for any motor or clutching tinkering and then the imperial to make any other adjustments or repairs. Just trying to look for that silver lining in the clouds.

They better have good deals on them because if I can get a 1100 turbo for the same or close in price I will be swapping over to AC.

Taking offers on my 165hp 2T 141x2.25" Viper...Includes telecoping handlebars, Japanese motor, mountain seat and a 60 lb weight reduction. PM for details.
Will include a can of Krylon blue for the right price

;):D

All the hype and talk about the new sleds but I think most are forgetting one thing. You all get to order new tools! You need the metric (which we all should have) for any motor or clutching tinkering and then the imperial to make any other adjustments or repairs. Just trying to look for that silver lining in the clouds. vice grips for the important stuff.

i carry a crecent wrench that fits all sizes, and

Farbeyonddriven said:
OVR4D wrote:
The more I ponder Yamaha's "Supply Agreement", the more I think that the 2014 Cat will NOT have a Nytro motor. If I were in Yamaha's shoes, I would want something to keep brand-loyal Yamaha customers from straying. What makes the most sense IMO, is for Yamaha to get Cat's Procross chassis (with a Nytro powerplant) for one year ... EXCLUSIVELY ... in exchange for what will likely be a variety of YMC motors for use in Cat products (including ATV's and side-by-sides) in the years to come.

Given this scenario, I would expect the 2014 Cats to continue to be built with Suzuki motors. Cat still gets to offer a turbo variety, whereas Yamaha agrees to hold off on any aftermarket or factory SC or turbo models until 2015. This IMO, makes the most sense for Yamaha, as they do not have to worry about folks looking for the same thing (presumably at a better price) from Cat. Meanwhile, Cat's engine supplier woes are resolved in time to meet 2015 production schedules.

Also under this scenario, I would look to Yamaha to bring a vehicle of their own design to market in 2015, as they would then want to offer something that cannot also be had through Cat.

My 2 cents.

Definitely makes sense to me!

Sounds like Cat will have the same sled, with different panels - clutches might not be Yamaha, but I've also heard they will have them - just have to wait and see.

Back