• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ak Yammy said:
yamajammer76 said:
bottlerocket said:
"industry first" would be a rebadge right?

Oh there have been plenty of re-badges over the years. For many many years the Moto-Ski was a re-badged Ski-Doo until they finally phased it out in the mid 80's.

In the Scandinavian market Lynx is a Ski-Doo with a funky front suspension. Almost a rebadge.

yep , plenty of cases

Attachments

• 1977_KAWASAKI_SNO_JET_SST_COVER.jpg
    1977_KAWASAKI_SNO_JET_SST_COVER.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 73

Ahogan said:
Anybody else notice in one the pics of the race sled ,you can make out a tunnel and seat of something in the window next to the door

Yep the back end of a Deltabox II sled.

Ahogan said:
Anybody else notice in one the pics of the race sled ,you can make out a tunnel and seat of something in the window next to the door

Its a Mirror, you can see the guy taking the picture. Its the same sled reflected in mirror.

Ak Yammy said:
yamajammer76 said:
bottlerocket said:
"industry first" would be a rebadge right?

Oh there have been plenty of re-badges over the years. For many many years the Moto-Ski was a re-badged Ski-Doo until they finally phased it out in the mid 80's.

In the Scandinavian market Lynx is a Ski-Doo with a funky front suspension. Almost a rebadge.
Snow-jet when they were bought out by Kawasaki, still looked like the snow-jet, but had Kawasaki on the hood, and i think it had a yamaha motor, i think. The next year it was all Kawasaki with differant chassi.

I guess the price of one $200 spare belt makes up for the cost of having to buy new BRP pilot skis on a$12000 sled to be able to steer the fringen thing. Add the doo wheels and all the aftermarket stuff that has to be put on a Nytro, and a case could be made that a rebranded sled has already been on the market for several years. :jump:

yamahabandit said:
I guess the price of one $200 spare belt makes up for the cost of having to buy new BRP pilot skis on a$12000 sled to be able to steer the fringen thing. Add the doo wheels and all the aftermarket stuff that has to be put on a Nytro, and a case could be made that a rebranded sled has already been on the market for several years. :jump:

sadly true...

Link

2BLUE4U said:
These spy photos are getting everybody too worked up. Yamaha's pre-release email ads didn't say "game changer" they said "industry first"....I believe tomorrow is the real big news, regardless of motor size, blown or not....I think it's gonna be the drive system and I think it's gonna be cool as hell. I also think the gauge cluster on this thing is gonna resemble something out of a fighter pilot

I don't even care about tomorrow, I want a link to look at what's in your avatar.

Those are beauties.

yamaha1973 said:
DiscoMcGee said:
Ahogan said:

That's a reflection.

Its the same sled...

Now as I look again... you are right. Well I believe the dealers are being shown it about now so I assume something will be leaking soon in this technology age.

Link

2BLUE4U said:
These spy photos are getting everybody too worked up. Yamaha's pre-release email ads didn't say "game changer" they said "industry first"....I believe tomorrow is the real big news, regardless of motor size, blown or not....I think it's gonna be the drive system and I think it's gonna be cool as hell. I also think the gauge cluster on this thing is gonna resemble something out of a fighter pilot

I don't even care about tomorrow, I want a link to look at what's in your avatar.

Those are beauties.

Back