• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Fit & Finish

At idle my 2009 Nytro XTX rattled from the day I bought it, having previously purchased used I figured a new one would be better. The dealer said "that is normal for all yamahas".
Two of the factory stickers were crooked so I removed them all - literally all of them. The lower tab on the side cover was bent in to the point that it left a crease. I blamed it on dealer prep but regardless it was delivered to me.

The viper has no rattles yet. You could say a rattle isn't fit and finish however I would argue that when things fit right they don't rattle.

Not sure if the stickers on the viper were straight or not I removed them all right away.

The phazer, nytro and apex have pathetic bushings that I think yamaha should be ashamed of putting in a product, hopefully the viper won't be like that.

At idle my 2009 Nytro XTX rattled from the day I bought it, having previously purchased used I figured a new one would be better. The dealer said "that is normal for all yamahas".
Two of the factory stickers were crooked so I removed them all - literally all of them. The lower tab on the side cover was bent in to the point that it left a crease. I blamed it on dealer prep but regardless it was delivered to me.

The viper has no rattles yet. You could say a rattle isn't fit and finish however I would argue that when things fit right they don't rattle.

Not sure if the stickers on the viper were straight or not I removed them all right away.

The phazer, nytro and apex have pathetic bushings that I think yamaha should be ashamed of putting in a product, hopefully the viper won't be like that.

Your memory and mine are much the same, I even cooked up a fix for the primary clutch rattle. Some folks though have memories of "perfect" Yamaha's that I however did not have, and consider my Viper the best Yamaha ever....or at least on par with my old SRX for finish,fit, and not having to fix things. Just my opinion though.............

God bless the 2300 miles on my viper of not having to replace bushings, bogie wheels and exhaust donuts! Felt good to only have to do minimal tweaks to the viper

YES! Something we can agree on! With 2 Nytros and then 2 Phazers you don't know how much I had to work on them,,,,,was still glad I had Yamahas though cause if they were Polaris I would have quit and sat by the fire! LOL!

I have had my Viper for 3 weeks now just teasing me in garage. In that time have gone over it with a fine toothed comb. I too have found that the panels didn't fit well. I have removed all the plastic and seat etc. just to see how everything works. With some minor adjustments I have made all the panels fit much better. Not the fit and finish I got used to with my Apex but I am happy with the results. Looks like the dealer preb boys just slapped her together.

Back