• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

I test rode a Viper. I loved the riding position and the handling was excellent. It felt light and easy to throw around, much better than my Apex in all of these areas. The problem was that it felt underpowered compared to my Apex and the sound was nowhere as sweet as my Apex.

Blue Dave said:
I test rode a Viper. I loved the riding position and the handling was excellent. It felt light and easy to throw around, much better than my Apex in all of these areas. The problem was that it felt underpowered compared to my Apex and the sound was nowhere as sweet as my Apex.

I agree.

I'm in the same boat. Not one manufacturer came out with a new 800 or 1000 platform that excites me enough. The thought of the steady great quality apex being replaced in two years has me thinking I should wait to see what they bring. Cat will be replacing their 800 with the new injection next year, and first year Cats usually always suck. They need to prove to me that they can stop eating belts on the turbo to buy one. Especially at over $150 a belt I hear. Doo has to work out their piston bugs, Poo s just that the dodge of sleds. Great suspension, but everything else worries me. Now then we have our yamaha. Which we only know that their will be a mountain sled and a phaser soon, but for an apex replacement we are in the dark. Will it be a turbo viper, will it be a new motor, will it be a hopped up apex motor in a cat chassis?? It leaves us wanting the power holding on to our sleds, or buying temporary replacement models if ours are getting heat up. I think sometimes of buying an apex to replace my boosts nytro, just cause I miss it that much, but the thought of it being out dated like the nytro in two years scares me. Guess its a waiting game..... :o|

7 pages so far

with 7 pages so far and no end in site I think that most on this site were looking for something more from Yamaha. I am hoping that Yamaha sees this and builds there own sled with some of cats technology.

I'm 5 or so years away from buying a new sled. Surely an indication of Yamaha's true intentions will be revealed by then.

sheetwright said:
I'm in the same boat. Not one manufacturer came out with a new 800 or 1000 platform that excites me enough. The thought of the steady great quality apex being replaced in two years has me thinking I should wait to see what they bring. Cat will be replacing their 800 with the new injection next year, and first year Cats usually always suck. They need to prove to me that they can stop eating belts on the turbo to buy one. Especially at over $150 a belt I hear. Doo has to work out their piston bugs, Poo s just that the dodge of sleds. Great suspension, but everything else worries me. Now then we have our yamaha. Which we only know that their will be a mountain sled and a phaser soon, but for an apex replacement we are in the dark. Will it be a turbo viper, will it be a new motor, will it be a hopped up apex motor in a cat chassis?? It leaves us wanting the power holding on to our sleds, or buying temporary replacement models if ours are getting heat up. I think sometimes of buying an apex to replace my boosts nytro, just cause I miss it that much, but the thought of it being out dated like the nytro in two years scares me. Guess its a waiting game..... :o|

Supposedly this issue is fixed. Cat seems to be touting the fact that their clutch/belt issues are gone.........but not mentioning the fact that the Yamaha engineers were the ones that fixed them.

journeyman said:
sheetwright said:

Supposedly this issue is fixed. Cat seems to be touting the fact that their clutch/belt issues are gone.........but not mentioning the fact that the Yamaha engineers were the ones that fixed them.

This year will be telling. Will cat fix a motor turbo 1100 they probably won't be making soon? If there are new part numbers on these sleds, maybe they are fixing them? The 800 2 stroke is soon to be replaced too.

Interested to see how the Viper does this year but even more interested in what Yamaha does in the next 2-3 years. I'll be ready for a new purchase I have a good feeling about it.

horkn said:
journeyman said:
sheetwright said:

This year will be telling. Will cat fix a motor turbo 1100 they probably won't be making soon? If there are new part numbers on these sleds, maybe they are fixing them? The 800 2 stroke is soon to be replaced too.

Ya hear the 800 direct injection might be here in January if they get enough testing time. The only thing I could see getting cat owners mad is if they use a boosted nytro motor to replace the cat turbo it will be restricted on easy hp gains. To increase hp on a cat turbo is cheaper and safer then on a preboosted nytro ion my past experience. Cats issues were their clutches, drive components, and attitude toward quality. We shall see. I want something but not sure if I want to dump a bunch of dough into another nytro motor/viper motor again to get 800cc or 1000cc hp gains.

800 or 1000 hp gains? Wow! Are you adding a jet turbine engine?

Lmao! how about 800cc, or 1000cc type gains out of a sled that has power of a 600-700cc sled. Could you imagine that power there. :jump:

[/quote]We shall see. I want something but not sure if I want to dump a bunch of dough into another nytro motor/viper motor again to get 800cc or 1000cc hp gains.[/quote]

X2

Back