• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

sheetwright said:
I'm in the same boat. Not one manufacturer came out with a new 800 or 1000 platform that excites me enough. The thought of the steady great quality apex being replaced in two years has me thinking I should wait to see what they bring. Cat will be replacing their 800 with the new injection next year, and first year Cats usually always suck. They need to prove to me that they can stop eating belts on the turbo to buy one. Especially at over $150 a belt I hear. Doo has to work out their piston bugs, Poo s just that the dodge of sleds. Great suspension, but everything else worries me. Now then we have our yamaha. Which we only know that their will be a mountain sled and a phaser soon, but for an apex replacement we are in the dark. Will it be a turbo viper, will it be a new motor, will it be a hopped up apex motor in a cat chassis?? It leaves us wanting the power holding on to our sleds, or buying temporary replacement models if ours are getting heat up. I think sometimes of buying an apex to replace my boosts nytro, just cause I miss it that much, but the thought of it being out dated like the nytro in two years scares me. Guess its a waiting game..... :o|

too many people think about sleds being "outdated" or old. if you want an apex go buy it and enjoy it for the next 2 years. we don't always have to have the latest and greatest (although im a very good consumer because I always do :o|

I jumped on the viper train. My wife hopes they don't ever design a new sled again.

I personally never will own another two stroke snowmobile!

journeyman said:
sheetwright said:
I'm in the same boat. Not one manufacturer came out with a new 800 or 1000 platform that excites me enough. The thought of the steady great quality apex being replaced in two years has me thinking I should wait to see what they bring. Cat will be replacing their 800 with the new injection next year, and first year Cats usually always suck. They need to prove to me that they can stop eating belts on the turbo to buy one. Especially at over $150 a belt I hear. Doo has to work out their piston bugs, Poo s just that the dodge of sleds. Great suspension, but everything else worries me. Now then we have our yamaha. Which we only know that their will be a mountain sled and a phaser soon, but for an apex replacement we are in the dark. Will it be a turbo viper, will it be a new motor, will it be a hopped up apex motor in a cat chassis?? It leaves us wanting the power holding on to our sleds, or buying temporary replacement models if ours are getting heat up. I think sometimes of buying an apex to replace my boosts nytro, just cause I miss it that much, but the thought of it being out dated like the nytro in two years scares me. Guess its a waiting game..... :o|

Supposedly this issue is fixed. Cat seems to be touting the fact that their clutch/belt issues are gone.........but not mentioning the fact that the Yamaha engineers were the ones that fixed them.

Where did you get that info? Unlike the Cat 7000 the Viper uses Yamaha's clutch. Strange that Yamaha would even look at Cat's clutch.

What I was saying is no brand came out with a new 800 to entice me to buy this year. The models that are newer like cat and doo have issues like pistons and belts that need to be fixed. Yamaha is leaving us hanging for two years on the apex. So all in all If you want any type of 800 you will have to wait, have a dated model like yamaha, or buy a sled with problems like the other three brands

misterbrutus03 said:
Grimm said:
They've already jerry rigged the ProCross Chassis to fit the 3 cylinder, why waste money trying to stuff the 4 banger in there?
I've never been a huge fan of the NA 3 cylinder's torque, maybe turbo'd I'm sure it's a whole different animal, but it would soooo be worth wasting the money to jam that 4 cylinder in there...IMO!!

Found this in my searches and thought I would share... http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=2629 :jump:

Found this on HCS

BTW wanna specualate for a mid season?? cat has piolet build 2015s on the line now..

From the last arctic insider article today.

"I'm always curious to see whats flowing on the assembly lines, but there would be no cool pictures of sleds this week. The last of the 2014 snowmobiles were built prior to this trip, and now the assembly line was covered in tarps to prevent people from seeing what was "behind the curtain."
That's because they're building pre-production 2015 models for upcoming dealer shows, consumer shows and media projects!"

Seriously if Yamaha "shoehorns" the 4cyl Genesis into the Viper chassis I would be at the dealer signing papers tomorrow. I think there would be a lot of new sled sales reading some comments lately regarding this. You just can't compare anything to the 4cyl sound torque and power. Wow Chassis twisting power I love it. Rode the sled for the first time yesterday got me excited again.

misterbrutus03 said:
[quote="misterbrutus03 Found this in my searches and thought I would share... http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=2629 :jump:

Im pretty disappointed in Kent Lester. If this is how well he researches things we may as well stop reading Supertrax.

Quote from article; " About the only place a turbo could be situated [in the Viper chassis] is under the seat - not entirely out of range, and completely do-able, BTW."

Obviously the current Turbo kit manufacturers for the Viper will beg to differ.

fxnytroxtx said:
Blue Dave said:
fxnytroxtx said:
They should tho!

Why?

Why not?

Why not? Mmmm.... let me think. I sure don't miss smelling like two stroke smoke, buying expensive oil, having to add the expensive oil every morning, worrying about burning down if I get bad gas, needing to rebuild the top end after several thousand miles. Do I need to continue? I owned about a dozen new Yamaha two stroke sleds over the years and I have fond memories of many of them. I held on to my triple piped Viper as long as I could because I did not want to buy a 4 stroke Yamaha. Now that I have owned my Apex for 7 years I would never go back to any 2 stroke sled.

Blue Dave said:
fxnytroxtx said:
Blue Dave said:
fxnytroxtx said:
They should tho!

Why?

Why not?

Why not? Mmmm.... let me think. I sure don't miss smelling like two stroke smoke, buying expensive oil, having to add the expensive oil every morning, worrying about burning down if I get bad gas, needing to rebuild the top end after several thousand miles. Do I need to continue? I owned about a dozen new Yamaha two stroke sleds over the years and I have fond memories of many of them. I held on to my triple piped Viper as long as I could because I did not want to buy a 4 stroke Yamaha. Now that I have owned my Apex for 7 years I would never go back to any 2 stroke sled.
X2-3-4

Back