• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 chain case leak

Well when out in the garage an took apart my leaking chain case. Cleaned up the rubber Oring. Then I noticed the blue loctite between the to covers where the screws go in and not letting the cases tighten up. Cleaned up the loctite and put it back together tighten up the bottom screws first. And fill back up with gear lube and now wait a couple of days and see if it is still leaking.

Well when out in the garage an took apart my leaking chain case. Cleaned up the rubber Oring. Then I noticed the blue loctite between the to covers where the screws go in and not letting the cases tighten up. Cleaned up the loctite and put it back together tighten up the bottom screws first. And fill back up with gear lube and now wait a couple of days and see if it is still leaking.
Do you have verified if you have the new jackshaft in the same time?

I don't no what the old gasket looks like. Just when out to look at it and it is dry. I think they got carried away with the loctite getting between the cover.

Have you started and run it at all?
I haven't run it at all. I don't think it would make much difference running it in the garage. My buds 7000 cat that was leaking had lose bolts in his. And when I took it apart the chain tensioner was all the way tight. Glad I took it apart and not when out and ran this thing.

Have same issue on 2015 ltx se. Found it when trying to install visor plug into factory harness. Goes in tomorrow!!! Wiped the mess in drip pan and it is still dry but gonna get peace of mind and have it looked at right away. My sight glass isn't showing more than an 8th of the window when it should be at least half!!

I took my 2014 LTX SE in last week to get checked. My chain case sight glass was half full a month ago, now it's empty.

My chain case hasn't leaked a drop in a mouth. The robot at the factory puts the rubber seal in and puts the cover on and sometimes the rubber gasket turns and doesn't seal right. The problem with mine was the loctite in between the two covers.

My chain case hasn't leaked a drop in a mouth. The robot at the factory puts the rubber seal in and puts the cover on and sometimes the rubber gasket turns and doesn't seal right. The problem with mine was the loctite in between the two covers.
They must have put the screws in loose and then went on lunch break allowing the Loctite to run down in between!

Back