• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Models

Just saw this on Facebook, trail turbo viper I'm guessing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-22-09-15-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-22-09-15-53.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 377

I'm surprised no one brought up in the pic of the white one the shocks those are rc2 coil over shocks that I put on my viper and are crazy good maybe a snow check only sled color/shock package ?

Ok for a factory turbo Viper but not to replace the Apex line up.....That would be a HUGE mistake & make me look elsewhere probably at Doo 4s.

Ok for a factory turbo Viper but not to replace the Apex line up.....That would be a HUGE mistake & make me look elsewhere probably at Doo 4s.

Looks like 1200 is in newer chassis next year. A slight increase in power, but not sure what slight means.....if they made them as much as the header mod that would be a nice machine. Still sounds like their clutches aren't that great though. Guys with header mod and such prefer the Powerblock aftermarket clutch yet. Still this is the only Doo I would buy.

I'm a die hard Tammi guy since I raced for them 2003-2007
But after riding the cat xc sled all weekend I could go back to that full time
I know it won't have the motor longevity but everything else about it is perfect for a fast trail sled or can cruise as I rode 30 miles with my 4yr old and was just fine the chassis is there I would be happy if they just lowered the motor into the bulkhead like the ac 2s motor that's why the viper does not handle as.well as it could if the motor was just lowered in the chassis we would all benefit now cmon Wednesday

Some speculation going on over at dooTalk about a possible snow bike from doo this year. Most of it is based on this photo, which appears to show a much shorter than normal tunnel and a rider in a MX bike position. I dunno ... whadda you guys think?
post-61468-10233.jpg

Id rather find out where that guy is riding, looks pristine! You are right, looks like a short tunnel, or else a 121 with a tall guy sitting way back haha. Is that a tv screen on the back? LOL

For Yamahas sake, they better hope that the doo 1200 doesn,t get a power bump to around 150 HP.
I ride an Apex, but that would be very tempting. They are just so much lighter, and the GSX- LE has ALL the bells and whistles, including air ride and heated seat, for an old guys like me. LOL

Some speculation going on over at dooTalk about a possible snow bike from doo this year. Most of it is based on this photo, which appears to show a much shorter than normal tunnel and a rider in a MX bike position. I dunno ... whadda you guys think?
post-61468-10233.jpg
If anyone can pull off a successful "sno-bike" it would be ski-doo. In the last 15 years They have shown the industry great success in perceived appeal and turned that into a very loyal following and a sales lead they probably will continue to hold for some time. With the success that they have accomplished they probably can afford to take some risks and launch a crazy concept and see if it sticks. If it does, it's another home run for them and if it flops, oh well no big deal. ( think 2004? Twin track sled). Honestly I hope doo & Polaris continue to release crazy new ideas and sleds as it "should" force the Yamaha guys to spend a little more money on their little sled division.

On another note, I get really sick and tired of all of excuses why Yamaha will not build a 100% Yammie sled, or develop new products in greater frequency than 5 - 7 years. It's complete BS. It seems like the ATV division is in the same rut whereas the PWC's and motorcycles they are putting out these days simply are amazing with frequent new heavily updated hardware. I just don't get it. If you constantly tell us how small the sled bizz is, and don't make money at it then just sell out the sled division to Cat already. Is BRP & Polaris not making any money in the sled buissness? It's there if you want it.

Sorry for the ramble.

Nice c
post-61468-10233.jpg

Boring, nothing new here AD Bovin out of Quebec was building the Sno Hawk back in 2003 using BRP motors. That fad didn't last very long.

I thought today was Ski-Doo's day to reveal the 2016's?

Nothing mentioned on the main page of their website yet.

If anyone can pull off a successful "sno-bike" it would be ski-doo. In the last 15 years They have shown the industry great success in perceived appeal and turned that into a very loyal following and a sales lead they probably will continue to hold for some time. With the success that they have accomplished they probably can afford to take some risks and launch a crazy concept and see if it sticks. If it does, it's another home run for them and if it flops, oh well no big deal. ( think 2004? Twin track sled). Honestly I hope doo & Polaris continue to release crazy new ideas and sleds as it "should" force the Yamaha guys to spend a little more money on their little sled division.

On another note, I get really sick and tired of all of excuses why Yamaha will not build a 100% Yammie sled, or develop new products in greater frequency than 5 - 7 years. It's complete BS. It seems like the ATV division is in the same rut whereas the PWC's and motorcycles they are putting out these days simply are amazing with frequent new heavily updated hardware. I just don't get it. If you constantly tell us how small the sled bizz is, and don't make money at it then just sell out the sled division to Cat already. Is BRP & Polaris not making any money in the sled buissness? It's there if you want it.

Sorry for the ramble.
Exactly same old grizzly single cam 700 for the last 100 years now, for God sakes give is a twin 1000, not the place to talk about quads but it's the same thing.

Back