• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Release Timing

InRBigness

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX-LE w/ MPI turbo
So after much study and prognostication I have decided to get a new 2016 Viper at this years snow check, spring sale or whatever they call it. I was wondering based on previous years when we can expect to hear about the next years models and incentives.

There are still a few 15's around here but even the dealers are saying to wait, and as we have virtually no snow, that is really easy.

Anyone have any insight as to what might be coming? I am hoping for a factory installed turbo but am more than willing to put one in.

I'm wishing for a cross-plane crankshaft 4 cylinder 180-190 horse engine in a new chassis and Yama-cat 141 XTX suspension like the Viper

Or make the Viper really light and throw in a Phazer 4 stroke with turbo :)

I would like to see a sled with a 20% increase in horsepower and a 20% decrease in weight over the existing Viper!!

I would suspect some version of the FZ09 engine as that engine appears very light. Anybody know the weight diff in the FZ09 and R1 engine?

I would like to see a sled with a 20% increase in horsepower and a 20% decrease in weight over the existing Viper!!

Like this? Lol. :p Don't get excited boys! It's a joke. ;)

I guess nothing new for the Viper/7000 unless it's some suspension tweaks and I doubt a more powerful Yamaha motor will appear. If there was I would guess it's in a Cat chassis and is a lower powered engine or factory turbo Viper at best. I hope I am wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,399
Last edited:
I would suspect some version of the FZ09 engine as that engine appears very light. Anybody know the weight diff in the FZ09 and R1 engine?

Fz09 engine in the street bike is awesome and fun, but ultimately is no comparison to the r1 engine. I demoed an fz09 this past summer and fell in love, the power was smooth everywhere and made for a fun bike, almost considered swapping in mine for one. Realistically tho the r1 engine makes leaps and bounds more power, a boosted fz09 engine would be fun but a cross plane 1000cc 4 cylinder will make as much or more power. That new r1 is claiming right around 200 hp n/a. That's the engine they gotta give us snowmobilers!

Yamaha will come out with their new chassis on their 50th anniversary after the Cat contract runs its course

Back