• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

Polaris has a new video on their Facebook page...it's a new 2-stroke now is it a new 600 to compete with the new Ski-doo 600 or an 850 to compete with ski doo's 850...I'm betting a new 600 but the mountain guys said a month ago 850 was coming...we will soon see....

Polaris will stay all 2 Stroke. I'd bet if you added up all the 2 Stroke sales from Ski-doo, Polaris, and Cat you'd have 85-90% of new sleds sold being 2 Stroke. I like my 4 Stroke and many do here, but once Yamaha left the 2 Stroke market it's easy to see why they don't have the marketshare to spend millions designing, manufacturing and marketing "all new" "all Yamaha" snowmobiles.

The 4 stroke only was a failure in the market. Polaris should offer a 4 Stroke, but they are doing just fine 2 Stroke only. Both Ski-doo and Cat have a nice 2 and 4 stroke model mix.

I am guessing it is the Evo that the Mag's have been talking about. A mid size sled.

Just wait until one of those shocks isn’t adjusting properly and you need to buy a new one.....you will wish you had the old clicker shocks.

But atleast your buddies will be impressed when you show them you can adjust your shocks while riding! Hey that’s what really matters right?

Polaris will stay all 2 Stroke. I'd bet if you added up all the 2 Stroke sales from Ski-doo, Polaris, and Cat you'd have 85-90% of new sleds sold being 2 Stroke. I like my 4 Stroke and many do here, but once Yamaha left the 2 Stroke market it's easy to see why they don't have the marketshare to spend millions designing, manufacturing and marketing "all new" "all Yamaha" snowmobiles.

The 4 stroke only was a failure in the market. Polaris should offer a 4 Stroke, but they are doing just fine 2 Stroke only. Both Ski-doo and Cat have a nice 2 and 4 stroke model mix.
2 stroke sales are not that high Yamaha alone does 10- 12% and Doo supposedly sells more then the Y. Still have cat 4S sales to put in there.

I've got an 01 SRX and i put in a 1" track because these things should be studded, for safety if nothing else, plus less rotating mass. 200hp will trench any size lug track. i'd still love to take one for a burn in tight trails thou.

Very high percentage don't adjust anyway. Or do it once & done, Like me. I don't chase conditions.
But for the "cool" factor it is a slick bonus. I would probably adjust my shocks at every bar. As long as there were others watching. Lol!

I just hope they say “SRX” on the snowflap so I can buy one to put on my Viper!
I’m sure they will come out with all kinds of new “SRX” gear, that’s awsome my old school SRX hat and gloves need replaced badly.

I've got an 01 SRX and i put in a 1" track because these things should be studded, for safety if nothing else, plus less rotating mass. 200hp will trench any size lug track. i'd still love to take one for a burn in tight trails thou.

I did the 1.25” with studs but had to change my drivers for the studs to fit. They were worn out anyway.

I have a 2002 Viper. Put on a 1 1/4'' ripsaw, fully clipped & this track is much better for trail riding.

I weigh 230 bud. If it’s still lasted, and you like driving with your knees in your chest, more power to you. There literally isn’t 1 thing better about an 02 viper than a yamacAt viper. I know, because I’ve put close to 20000kms on my 02.

A 2002 Viper is not the greatest machine but it will out run any stock Viper/Cat & never look back.

The Doo Ace turbo will put a further dent in 2 stroke sales. I hope all 4 OEMs get into a horsepower war .

It will be extremely difficult to get me off the Sidewinder .

Also, I'm no tree hugger, but why smell that 2 stroke exhaust(etec included) when you have the power to pass him like he's standing still.

Polaris not interested in 4s market and don’t believe 4s is large enough to dabble. Unless Polaris does a 180 in there engineering and marketing groups no 4s in their future. As Yamaha has gone all 4s Polaris embraces 2s with the same commitment...I don’t see any 4s coming from Polaris in the foreseeable future.

You'd think the EPA would force the issue with tougher guidelines & heavier fines

I would say no 4 strike for Polaris. They have no interest in that market. I have heard 850 or 860 and also my dealer said he heard a new chassis to replace the axis rush/switchback

Back