• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch dealers

Although I agree, this is really no different that the plague of bent 08 FX Nytro subframes, 05-07 973 engines with bad timing chain tensioners.

Every stealer claimed they never heard of the issue before. (Rolling eyes)

I always needle greased the speedo side axle and Jackshaft bearings on the rx1's, vectors, apex, and friends nytros, etc., as it's super easy. Continuing the tradition is a little more work on the sw, so I grease and prick punch the shaft a little more each time. No spinning yet, and bearing looks like new and brake comes off the spline easily. The Yamaha bearings always get some water in, but the sw bearing is always clean.
The bearing is better protected than the all-Yamaha models were. It has that extra seal towards the inside to help keep snow, ice and water away.

I know I have seen Loctite Green mentioned before. But what about Loctite 609 bearing mount. Heard about it today from a Mine mechanic. I was installing a machine on the Iron Range today. He noticed my Yamaha hat we started talking Yamaha sleds. He has a VK with a 1000 cc four stroke. I told him I wanted to buy a Yamacat. But I started explaining the Cat related issue with the driveshaft. He immediately brought up this product and said it would set the bearing up to 10 thousands of an inch of clearance?

I know I have seen Loctite Green mentioned before. But what about Loctite 609 bearing mount. Heard about it today from a Mine mechanic. I was installing a machine on the Iron Range today. He noticed my Yamaha hat we started talking Yamaha sleds. He has a VK with a 1000 cc four stroke. I told him I wanted to buy a Yamacat. But I started explaining the Cat related issue with the driveshaft. He immediately brought up this product and said it would set the bearing up to 10 thousands of an inch of clearance?
That’s been tried by a couple guys. Still spun eventually. Chassis flex plays into this issue also.

That’s been tried by a couple guys. Still spun eventually. Chassis flex plays into this issue also.
Caterpillar has a bearing mount product also, worked pretty good on heavy machinery when I worked at Ziegler’s. I was going to use some when swapped my track but the bearing fit pretty tight to the axle and I seen no signs of spinning with 3,500 miles on mine so I left it alone.

Caterpillar has a bearing mount product also, worked pretty good on heavy machinery when I worked at Ziegler’s. I was going to use some when swapped my track but the bearing fit pretty tight to the axle and I seen no signs of spinning with 3,500 miles on mine so I left it alone.
That’s great yours is good. I certainly believe some shafts and bearings are fine. The shaft size/diameter where bearing sits is ever so slightly different from one shaft to another.

So in the past two years yamaha trademarked SXVENOM,SNOSPORT,MOUNTAIN MAX!!LET YOU IMAGINATION RUN WILD GUYS..The mountain max was renewed a month ago

So in the past two years yamaha trademarked SXVENOM,SNOSPORT,MOUNTAIN MAX!!LET YOU IMAGINATION RUN WILD GUYS..The mountain max was renewed a month ago
SRVenom or SXVenom? The SXViper went to SRViper in the procross chassis so maybe SXVenom new Yamaha chassis?

Just a few short weeks until we get some sneak peeks. :)

When is the official release date?

I've heard that the official release date is March 10th.

curtain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back