• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really like to attend a demo ride for the Blast, but they don't seem to be planning one in my area (or in Minnesota for that matter). Where is Sheetwright? I think he has connections on the inside. If I remember correctly, He called it about 24 hrs before the Sidewinder was released ... might have even leaked a photo that was pulled shortly after it was posted here too.

Country Cat February 21 and 22nd. Another did a demo at ERX recently. Our local Fargo dealer just had one as well.

Country Cat February 21 and 22nd. Another did a demo at ERX recently. Our local Fargo dealer just had one as well.
Thanks for the info, Biff. I saw the initial demo ride schedule and didn't notice any stops in Minnesota. They must have added a few since. I missed the one at ERX, but will try to make the one at Country Cat if possible.

Thanks for the info, Biff. I saw the initial demo ride schedule and didn't notice any stops in Minnesota. They must have added a few since. I missed the one at ERX, but will try to make the one at Country Cat if possible.

No issues, there are other events on the way as well.

Winter Rendevioux in Bemidji will have demo rides next weekend
https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArcticInsidercom-225728482154/posts/

Call any of the MN AC dealers, as they have all had the option to hold a demo day. They may or may not have chosen to do them. This is the biggest reason AC does not participate int he snow shows. They feel it's better for the dealers to have the ability to show the 2021 models and this year have a demo day. That's a great way to get folks to put money down, while there is good snow on the ground.

One thing I have noticed this past week from more than one of the sled rags/television shows is the reminiscing of the 700cc sleds of the late 90's. Keep in mind, these journalists are privy to a number of models before release. They can't talk about them, but they can talk about their origins and leave hints.

This has happened in the past and will happen in the future. That being said, it should come to no surprise if one of the 4 MFG's comes out with a new model that either rehashes an old model name, or possibly similar engine. Before you get too excited, model name and graphics may be all there is too it as they play with our heart strings as they have in the past.

SX Venom, could come back as an SR Venom. Just like the Venom followed the Viper in the 2000's and SXR followed the SRX. And Polaris brought back the XCR and maybe an XCSP. Or Cat brought back the ZR, and maybe the ZRT is coming. Doo, who knows. They already brought back the Blizzard and TNT. Safari anyone? HA. I did see the Resto mod of the Scandic on a summit chassis.

But would all hell break loose if a 700cc Two-stroke were to drop back on the market? Nope, it's not in the 600 or 800cc race class, but it may be the trail sled for the dreamers.

Well you are most definitely dreaming if you think Yamaha will be bringing out a new 2 stroke and I don't really think that any of the other manufacturers need a 600,700,800,and 850 that makes no sense to me. Oh ya by the way the SXR followed the SX not the SRX

Well you are most definitely dreaming if you think Yamaha will be bringing out a new 2 stroke and I don't really think that any of the other manufacturers need a 600,700,800,and 850 that makes no sense to me. Oh ya by the way the SXR followed the SX not the SRX

Actually never thought Yamaha will come back with a two stroke. The articles mention the thought of a 700cc engine with all four MFG's in mind. They cannot be more specific as that would go against their non disclosure agreement. I agree, Yamaha won't do it, unless we are referring to the current rebranded AC two stroke which already exists.

http://www.supertraxmag.com/features/back-in-the-700-era/n3919

And as for the SXR, there were much earlier models of the SRX (76) along the line, but the well known Pro-Action triple triple SRX came out in 1998, the SXR followed, I believe in 2000, or at least that is the model year of the one I owned. There were earlier SX's, but the SXR was released in 2000 with the 500cc and 700cc flavors.

https://www.yamahapart.com/yamahasnowmobilehistory

SRX was a triple with power vavles and triple pipes. The SX and SXR were non power valve triples with singal pipe. In 2000 they offered the SRX and SXR. That Yamaha poster is kinda mis leading

SRX was a triple with power vavles and triple pipes. The SX and SXR were non power valve triples with singal pipe. In 2000 they offered the SRX and SXR. That Yamaha poster is kinda mis leading

Thanks for agreeing with me. Yup, they were both offered in overlapping years. And so many yahoos thought the SXR with triple pipes added through aftermarket, gave them an SRX. So not so. It's cool to see some of these names come back. But it would be logical, given that sequence for Yamaha to reuse the SXR or even the Venom name plates again.

The Viper is in the “700” class already, I could see other manufacturers offering a “detuned” 800 and calling it a 700 though. Polaris already does it in there ATV lineup with Some “450” and “500” models.

I don't see any need to offer models so close together in power.
I think the manufacturers all dropped the 700 for good reason as a 600 and an 850 is more than enough choice.

The Viper is in the “700” class already, I could see other manufacturers offering a “detuned” 800 and calling it a 700 though. Polaris already does it in there ATV lineup with Some “450” and “500” models.
I thought the vipers are classed as 600cc sleds. That’s what my insurance company recognizes it as.

Got to ride one. At TA Motorsports.I liked it a lot. My daughter who rides Phazer is absolutely in love with it. Needs to be Blue though!
AF803A2C-09D0-49C4-958B-60E338BAFEBB.jpeg
F2229BB0-9680-43F2-9EBA-431980C785AA.jpeg
DA2DAB50-7006-4861-998F-F45FFB201D7B.jpeg
340EB848-EB0B-4D0C-BC41-6A98878A29E0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back