• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sidewinders

Not trying to start anything but if you compare apples to apples the SRX has standard electronic adjustable shocks with the same shocks optional on the Thunder Cat.

Here's a comparison of the MSRP's between the two models comparably equipped:

View attachment 156024

The Thunder Cat comes with a 1 year warranty.

View attachment 156025

The SRX comes with a 3 year warranty.

You could spring order the Thunder Cat with the cheaper manual adjust shocks for less, but like I say comparing apples to apples along with the warranty I know which one I would chose.

Choose whichever brand trips your trigger along with dealer and factory support but the price difference is pretty minimal in a straight out comparison.

I personally would rather pay the few hundred extra to get better warranty support, the Yamaha blue, and the cheaper extended warranty from my dealer

I personally would rather pay the few hundred extra to get better warranty support, the Yamaha blue, and the cheaper extended warranty from my dealer

Back in 2017, which was the first year for the Sidewinder, my dealer was giving the 5 year warranty for a very reasonable add on price, which was included in his Spring Surge price on LE models. It protected both he and I against costly repairs. He surely backed that up many times! Still under warranty for this upcoming season too.

Back in 2017, which was the first year for the Sidewinder, my dealer was giving the 5 year warranty for a very reasonable add on price, which was included in his Spring Surge price on LE models. It protected both he and I against costly repairs. He surely backed that up many times! Still under warranty for this upcoming season too.

I totally agree with Motorhead and sheetwright in their comments.

I also bought a SW back when they came out in 2017 and got a stupid good price for the 5 yr. warranty from my dealer (Pat's Motorsports in the UP of MI). When it came time to sell the sled this year it definitely made the sled more attractive to potential buyers. I sold the sled for a fair price and the buyer felt good knowing that the sled has a full year of warranty.

Same for me. If I recall correctly when I bought my ‘17 it was $170 to kick the warranty out 5 yrs. no brainer...

I got the 5 year warranty and the sidewinder jacket for free on my 2017 LTX LE. And they took the $599 Yamaha bucks off the price. I have not had any warranty work done yet, but I do have an appointment to get the drive shaft replaced.

If Yamaha offered extended warranty on everything but the motor .... I would think it's a good deal lol .

Can you extend the warranty after 5 yrs?I was able too on my srx back in the day

Got an email yesterday from my dealer wanting to verify I still want my sled, and what accessories I want added to the bill. Getting excited!!!!

Yeah OK, probably not what you are thinking!
Injectors
Fuel rail with fuel pressure regulator.
Another fuel pressure regulator.
TPS and other components. List of changed out stuff was long, all warranty, twice!

Yeah OK, probably not what you are thinking!
Injectors
Fuel rail with fuel pressure regulator.
Another fuel pressure regulator.
TPS and other components. List of changed out stuff was long, all warranty, twice!

Sounds like they had a lil problem with diagnosis? Either way that’s electrical/fuel system issues, drivability problems. Engine related failures should be categorized as mechanical issues.

Me personally, I could give a rats a$$ about engine warranty, mine was voided almost immediately after purchase.

Sounds like they had a lil problem with diagnosis? Either way that’s electrical/fuel system issues, drivability problems. Engine related failures should be categorized as mechanical issues.

Me personally, I could give a rats a$$ about engine warranty, mine was voided almost immediately after purchase.

Great warranty, Great dealer. But your 100% correct, should have categorized it as mechanical, But either way it was covered without a red cent from me, and without the motor warranty I probably would have been screwed I think.

Great warranty, Great dealer. But your 100% correct, should have categorized it as mechanical, But either way it was covered without a red cent from me, and without the motor warranty I probably would have been screwed I think.

But I do understand that I may have had you thinking internal motor probs, huh?

Back