• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Lineup

Wait what?! Where do you see that? In the reveal he says Yamaha was first to bring it to ATV and snowmobile. Now being 3lbs lighter with brushless motor. THats it.

Arctic Cat engineer said for the Thundercat it was their unit from SXS/ATV that they calibrated. I tend to believe this is the EPS Yam is using. Nothing more.
I agree. I listened carefully to his sales man's (no offense) wording and I say it's Cat eps.

EPS is designed and engineered by CAT. Was talked about on Cat's live reveal.

I know its not popular to say this, but these sleds are all made by CAT. NOT YAMAHA.

YAM chooses colors, graphics, and now a good ski. Otherwise these are Cats.

Dan
Dan, to me it just seemed that it is the same kind of EPS system Yamaha had on the Ventures. I called a Cat dealer and asked if I could get the power steering kit sold separately so I could add it on to a 2up Sidewinder...no such kit is being offered by Cat or Yamaha...at least not now. I did not see the release by Cat but look forward to watching it. Thanks for setting the record straight on who designed the Eps on the 2022's.
So the Stryke ski is a good one? the tuner 3 I got is good on hard packed trail but horrible on any loose snow or snow of any depth. Can you recommend a carbide for the Stryke? Joe

Is the Power surge the best offer YAM makes on new sleds?
"Offer valid 3/9/21 through 4/17/21"
Is anyone in Ontario seeing discounts from the dealers on 2022 Sidewinder orders?

Glad I bought my srx last year spring surge. Much better deal I got 2500 off 500.00 gift card medium storage bag and sled cover. I have not heard anything close to last years deal. Also 3 years of warranty.
What was the final price? That is what matters.

Can't tell if that is typed with a sarcastic tone? lol
I heard from my dealer so if he lies, then I lie. I talked to him directly yesterday. What he is told is that the top gear bushing material has changed. He also says it was a change through the year, so some 2021 are to have this.

For those who might be interested,gseperformance.com sells a bolt on EPS kit,and will install for approximately $150.kit listed on there web site is $1599 .They are located near Watertown NY. He was a vendor on this site not that long ago.

Attachments

• 2697034A-8E6B-4CB4-808F-330B5EC2EE1F.jpeg
    2697034A-8E6B-4CB4-808F-330B5EC2EE1F.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
When Yamaha and Cat changed the front suspension slightly in 2020, they should have changed the name of the chassis.....Procross II, or ......

Guy makes some good points in this video. And I know guys on this site hate cat. But dude is right we need them around. Just a few issues need addressing. I think the Yamaha 22 have really cool colors. Honestly I would ride any off them. Not into Red but I would still ride a SRX. My riding partner ordered the EPS Yamaha sidewinder so guess who gets to try that out this next year? :D , I know I talked shot about it. But I’m curious what it’s like. You know they say “curiosity killed the cat”. Lol

Buddy here in Ontario just ordered a 2022 SW GT with power steering. $800 off list but then got dinged with $700 freight so not a deal at all in my mind. If he is happy then so be it!

When Yamaha and Cat changed the front suspension slightly in 2020, they should have changed the name of the chassis.....Procross II, or ......
With the handle bar controls, better brake, and front suspension, and the rear suspension wheel configuration, . Other than plastic they change more things than Polaris with matrix body changes , and that's called new sled .
Someone in marketing missed the boat .

Back